This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Churchlady strikes back.

Oh this is just so fun. SO fun indeed. It seems...I have something of a problem.

Remember the idiot that wanted me to fire myself? Yeah, the one banned from the shopping center? Well it seems she found a rather amusing (to her) way to get back at me for causing all her trouble.

I'm being evicted from my store front. I've got, until the first of october to be moved out by. Now, this doesn't affect me that much. I've no projects in the work; but it does make things difficult on me to make new projects.

I mean, really, how seriously would you take someone that comes out of the blue and says "I make movies, Yeah, I have to do them at home since I don't have a shop, but I'll get it right out to you?" Probably not very. Spoke with my lawyer about the eviction, and he says that there's nothing I can really do. He does suspect, that she or her church threatend my landlord with either a boycott or something inorder to get him to do this.

So, as it stands, until I can get a new premesis, Majestic Pictures (MJ12) is on hiatus. At least, my landlord's giving me this month's rent and my deposit back to make up for the trouble.

Now, please, forgive me while I go bang my head on the wall.
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Well...make some of the most offensive material possible and make sure that this church woman and the rest of her "flock" see it. Being a media company should have some fringe benefits...

Comment

You mean the place is breaking the lease with you or was your lease month-to-month?
      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

That woman has no right to do that. You are a business either way and she was there just to give you hell. She is such an *BEEP* for doing that *BEEP*. That woman should not be allowed to be near you, I'd consider a restraining order for her. It really sucks that she got you evicted, goes to show what the world is like. Good luck in finding a new place for your studio Repsac. Didn't she get in trouble for tresspassing and other charges? I also remember that you talked to the owner of the strip mall in getting her banned. Something isn't right if she gets her way after the mentioned things she did to you. I also found it wierd that the landlord took her side despite the fact that she was banned. It stinks that she got her way after all, is her life that sad that she has to harass you just to be happy?

By the way, the woman needs this: No one deserves the right to do that crap.
        Last edited by ArenaBoy; 09-13-2006, 09:45 PM. Reason: Add info
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

i double the restraining order. especially if she pulled the cops in once. they'll have a report. this way she wont be able to follow you to a new location

Comment

how can she get you evicted when she was banned from the mall and, HELLO OUT THERE, arrested for harrassing you? It doesn't make sense that you can't fight it. Is there anything you can do to her that would serve as not so much as revenge, but a stoppage in the vindictive harrassment against you? I mean, you can get a police report that states that she admitted to basically calling you evil incarnate and that would be a reason to get you evicted out of spite. You should really be able to fight this...why would someone side with someone so batsh*t crazy?
            Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

Now that can't be legal....

She harassed you, threatened you, trespassed your store, got arrested for it, got banned from the strip mall.

Her complaint was simply that you were playing a video game

And she can still get you evicted???

And furthermore, your lawyer says there is nothing you can do???

Something doesn't seem right at all....seriously. I suggest further investigation.
              DJ Particle

Comment

i don't think there is a law about the reasonings for an eviction. i could be wrong though.

Comment

I rent. Never could get a lease because of my credit of all things.

The reason for the eviction was stated as, misreprensation of intended use. On my rental application, I had said that the storefront would be used as a movie productions studio and editing company. My lawyer thinks that her church (which I think is one of the larger in my city) leaned on the landlord. So, rather than deal with the possiblities of the stores in his mall lose any business; or he himself have trouble, it was easier for him to cut me loose. I'm not really worried about it. I know I should be, but I'm not.

Maybe this is a good thing really. I'm looking at getting a building closer to where I live, and very near Savannah where I do most of my filming. I was going to have to move anyway, I just have to do it much earlier now.

The hard thing for me is having to tell my clients what's up. I figure, I'll spend most of tomarrow doing that. Contacting them, putting holds on some of what I was going to be doing, and updating my phone numbers.

That's the thing I Hate about living here. It's one of the few states where they don't really have to give a reason why they're evicting you. Just 30 days warning.

Now, as to making something about her? I'm considering it. Seriously. I've been working on a shortie, 4 min freebie for Customers Suck. I'm thinking, of finding a way I could get her in it. Well, someone that looks like her. Though, for now, I've enough free time to work on the vid for here.

I'll keep y'all updated with any changes. As it is, I'm probably going to get some of my friends help me move out of the shop next week, and scrape off the name on the window. I'm not cleaning up though. I'll let the landlord deal with it.

Comment

Thats Bull. She is banned and she still gets away with it. That is not cool
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

im really sorry especially due to her representing a christian church
                      i hope it was either just her or her deceiving other members of the church to side with her and not the pastor organizing it after he saw the truth

Comment

Man, that sucks. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, I guess.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post

Now, as to making something about her? I'm considering it. Seriously. I've been working on a shortie, 4 min freebie for Customers Suck. I'm thinking, of finding a way I could get her in it. Well, someone that looks like her. Though, for now, I've enough free time to work on the vid for here.
                          It's not slander/libel if it's true.... *Whistles innocently*

Comment

Having trouble finding the original thread about church lady. Can anyone help?
                            "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Quoth Ryu View Post
                              im really sorry especially due to her representing a christian church
                              i hope it was either just her or her deceiving other members of the church to side with her and not the pastor organizing it after he saw the truth
                              I wonder that too. Myself, I'm a Weslyen. Though, in these parts, it's more often you'll find Primitive Baptist churches, and a handful of AME's. There's also one or two "Free Will" churches floating about.

Comment

Working...
                              X