This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cashback... argh!

New policy on cashback over at work; now customers have to ask for it. In other words, most of them won't ask til the transaction is over, then they bitch at us for not asking them. Please... if you want cash, then ask, dammit!
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

that's why I enjoy not having an debit machine at my job
    Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

That's why I like the PIN pads where they have to enter it in themselves. If they don't enter it in then it's their problem not the cashier's.
      "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

cashback = nightmare.

ATM breaks down = HUGE NIGHTMARE

When the ATM goes down, we have to limit it to £20 per customer. the normal limit is £50. Giving £50 out at a time simply wipes us out. Oh, and we make 'em spend £3 before they get any cashback, because theres nothing worse than someone "using" us for cash by buying a 5 pence chewy sweet. We still ask them if they want cashback, just tell them its £20 only. We get the odd people who say "why only £20? You must have thousands in your till!" Errr no, dick, we only keep £200 at a time in the till! We have an air chute to send money in pods to the night safe. funky gadget

And all the morons who come in expecting me to have £50,000 stashed somewhere to fill the ATM with, or to somehow grow the knowledge and keys required to fix it! Yeah. sure.

Comment

Quoth Crafty1289 View Post
          We get the odd people who say "why only £20? You must have thousands in your till!" Errr no, dick, we only keep £200 at a time in the till! We have an air chute to send money in pods to the night safe. funky gadget
          Haha that's a robbery just waiting to happen. How the heck can a till fit $1000 anyway? The tills at work get cramped when there is about $400 worth of $20s in the slot.*

*our machines prompt for cash-drops when the cash in the till reaches a certain amount. money gets put in a little paper envelope, written on and placed in the cash-drop safe in the cupboard under the till.

Comment

How the heck can a till fit $1000 anyway?
            Very easy if it's in 100s and 50s....

What annoys me is whenever a cash back transaction is done on a rarely used register, and it shorts the till if no or little cash is taken in on that register during the day. So a "loan" is done to the shorted till and thus that amount of cash is counted twice, once for the 'loaner and once for the 'loanee.' It sounds convoluted and looks loopy on paper but it usually works itself out. Still a pain though.

Comment

Where I work, the customer enters the amount they want back on the pinpad. Sometimes, I've had to ask for a loan because I didn't have enough cash in my drawer.
              My Fanfic Page
              My Fiction Page
              My Social Group
              My Pet Social Group
              My You Tube Channel

Comment

That's why I always make sure to to the bank if I need cash. I limit myself to the lowest amount the system will let me ask for.

Comment

We have an air chute too... when we have £400 in the till, we;re meant to do a pickup and send £300 up, usually coinciding with some annoying customers asking for £50 cashback in succession. How do they know??!!
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Heh.. I think you work at the same place as me, Lace.

It is pretty annoying if they wait until the end and then ask.. but then I just send them to the ATM outside. Its more annoying if they ask for it midway through payment, I'm never sure if I should cancel it and ring the card through again or just tell them sorry, its too late, go to the ATM.

Apparently soon we won't have to ask about the points card anymore either Lace I don't normally bother if I'm on an express till and they are only spending £1 or £2, it normally takes them forever to search through all the cards in their purse so they can get 2 points or something, and hold up the line..and then I always get customers say afterwards "Um, I had a points card, why didn't you ask me for it?" Well, if you have one, give it to me, why wait until I ask?

Comment

Quoth Crafty1289 View Post
                      We have an air chute to send money in pods to the night safe. funky gadget
                      <threadjack> My grandmother's bank in Portsmouth RI has those air chutes at the drive-up. I always thought they were the coolest thing ever

(kidlet fascinated with tech + something like that = "oooh can we put one in the house as a laundry chute?") </threadjack>

The bookstore didn't do cash back as 1. the card swipe machines/software weren't set up for it and 2. there's a bank down the street (but of course that means nothing). Most people understood, but we got a few complaints along the lines of "wwhhhyyyyyyy?!"
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth cheese View Post
                        Heh.. I think you work at the same place as me, Lace.

It is pretty annoying if they wait until the end and then ask.. but then I just send them to the ATM outside. Its more annoying if they ask for it midway through payment, I'm never sure if I should cancel it and ring the card through again or just tell them sorry, its too late, go to the ATM.

Apparently soon we won't have to ask about the points card anymore either Lace I don't normally bother if I'm on an express till and they are only spending £1 or £2, it normally takes them forever to search through all the cards in their purse so they can get 2 points or something, and hold up the line..and then I always get customers say afterwards "Um, I had a points card, why didn't you ask me for it?" Well, if you have one, give it to me, why wait until I ask?
                        PM me and tell me where you work, and I'll tell you if you're right. Yup, I couldn't agree more; why can't they just ask, dammit? It's not hard, surely?
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I was reminded today, why I don't like to use the debit/credit machines at my local grocery store: I'm too short to see the screen! I am a perfectly (American) average 5'4" and even up on my toes, I could barely see the screen. I did try to change the angle; it would not move, and I did not want to apply force.

I probably had enough cash on me, but I don't think the cashier wanted to wait for me to search for it all, and it was rather busy--easier for me to stretch this one time!!
                          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Our airchute packed up one day. It was sucking, but only just! It carried a few pods up to the ceiling, but wouldnt lift to the upstairs office (it goes right to the ceiling upstairs, straight up 10 feet to the pump, then down to the safe), so the engineer came and had to cut the tube in the false ceiling to get the pods out. Turned out a pod had come partly open and a bit of paper (wedged in the pod with the cash, to ID the pods - had till no. and operator written on it) had clogged the inlet to the pump! First time i seen that happen. The pipes just pull apart, they are all flexible tubes - so I know where to look next time!

Comment

we're not an ATM...try the bank IN THE STORE!

one line gripe: "I hate being an ATM!"
                              HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

Working...
                              X