This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a question.

I know I'm going to sound crazy asking this, but I've got to know.

Years ago, I worked at a wal-mart. I remember then, that at supercenters and super wal-marts (at the time different) the CSM's were on roller skates. Or, if not all of them, only one. Now, I have only ever once seen this in action in Florida.

Here's the question: Did wal-mart stop the practice? Or is it something that each store mgr does? If they stopped it, anyone know why?
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

i think i might have seen that once in florida too... i went there on vacation, and i seem to remember how cool it was... hey i was 11...

Comment

CSM's on roller skates?

roller skates+waxed, buffed floors=accident waiting to happen, especially if you haven't roller-skated much.

I would hope they stopped doing that.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I've never seen that at all. However, all I see now are customers on roller skates with the popularity of those stupid "Heelies" sneaker/skates things. I hate them.
        If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

Quoth Luna View Post
          I've never seen that at all. However, all I see now are customers on roller skates with the popularity of those stupid "Heelies" sneaker/skates things. I hate them.
          Gah, those shoes are annoying. Every second kid under 14 around here seems to have a pair or two.

Comment

Never heard of that.

Comment

I remember watching it first on a wal-mart training video. I've done a bit of research, and here's the tiny bit I can find.

Yes, they did this for a time. Only one or two of the CSM's wore the skates. Maybe two a shift. This CSM only did overrides and approvals, and nothing else. The idea was simple. Due to the skates, the associate could get to the customers or register before anyone else did. That way, the customer didn't have to wait.

However, it had to be stopped. It turns out it wasn't beacuse of the waxed floors either.

At several stores, yard apes (Sucky Kid Customers) had started playing "pranks" on the skaters. The most common one was to spray some armor all on the carpet or floor and wait. When the CSM would hit the puddle, they'd drop like a brick. Rather than keep having this trouble, they stopped the practice.

HOWEVER, some stores still are allowed to do this. The standing rule is that if the manager feels it's ok, then it's up to him. Typically, you won't see this except in some of the larger stores. The one in florida, (Orlando) being one that has it off and on. Also, the Germany store *two floors* uses this. Further, some of the ASM's wear the skates, especially at times when they are the only MOD. The practice hasn't totally died out, but those who do it do so with the understanding that they are doing it at their own risk. Wal-Mart corporate said they would send me a copy of the training vid I remembered. Since it's out dated and all. I hope to have this up soon on youtube.
              Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Working...
              X