X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waddaya mean it won't fit?

This actually happened last night

I'm in line at the pet store with a bag of food, container, bucket of litter, etc. In front of me are two people buying a cartload of fish supplies, and a 55-gallon tank. Not sure if that's the exact size, but whatever it was, it had its own cart. I don't know what the problem was, but these fools couldn't figure out why their cards kept getting declined. (I'm too nice to scream "it's because you have no freaking money...") Anyway, as it finally goes through, they leave.

Anyone want to guess who was parked about 2 spaces away from me? Yep, those two. As I'm rearranging things in the trunk, and putting my stuff in...I look over, and they're trying to put that tank..

...in a 2-door Chevy Cobalt Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh. They had both doors open, along with the trunk...and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't fit. Oh, did I mention that their kid was in the back seat (don't get me started about how they left their kid alone in the car...), and there were already several bags of crap in the trunk. I watched for a few minutes, but drove away laughing
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

So, why didn't you offer them some rope to tie the kid to the top of the car, and then they could fit their precious tank inside? Or, maybe it should have been the other way around?

Some people used to amaze me when they would buy a television set. They couldn't fit it in their car, and not once would the think of taking it out of the box. I guess this tank isn't one you can take apart, is it?

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
      So, why didn't you offer them some rope to tie the kid to the top of the car, and then they could fit their precious tank inside? Or, maybe it should have been the other way around?

Some people used to amaze me when they would buy a television set. They couldn't fit it in their car, and not once would the think of taking it out of the box. I guess this tank isn't one you can take apart, is it?

Wouldn't that be painfully obvious that if you buy something that's too big to fit in your car & IF it's in a box then you take it out of the box & then see if it'll fit then?
      That would be the next thing you do if you have something that's too big to fit in your car-you take it apart.
      So if after you've tried those things & it still doesn't fit then you call somebody who has a car big enough for it to fit inside to come to pick you up.

Comment

Oh, man.

I wish I'd been there. I would've sold popcorn.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Are you saying a new couch isn't going to fit in my Neon? How DARE you! Yes it will!
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
            Wouldn't that be painfully obvious that if you buy something that's too big to fit in your car & IF it's in a box then you take it out of the box & then see if it'll fit then?
            That would be the next thing you do if you have something that's too big to fit in your car-you take it apart.
            So if after you've tried those things & it still doesn't fit then you call somebody who has a car big enough for it to fit inside to come to pick you up.
            Been there, done that...although with my car, first you take it out of the box, then you fold down the back seat, then you take the item apart, then you move the front passenger seat as far forward as it will go, and then it fits. At least that's how we transported a TV unit and coffee table.

Comment

did similar with my old tv... front seat, shoved all the way back

and you know... some stores DO offer delivery for bulky items like that.

Comment

If I was going to buy something that expensive that was a total luxury item, I'd just rent a truck for the day.

Oh, wait. I forgot. If it makes sense....

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

One of these days we should have a CS party of watching events just like this.
                  We could sit outside my work and watch people trying to squeeze enough furniture to furnish a whole house into their car.

The best is when people tie things to the roof or their car but forget to open the doors while they're doing it.
                  They end up tying their doors shut and having to climb in through the window.
                  Even better when they don't fit through the window.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    ...in a 2-door Chevy Cobalt Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh. They had both doors open, along with the trunk...and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't fit. Oh, did I mention that their kid was in the back seat (don't get me started about how they left their kid alone in the car...), and there were already several bags of crap in the trunk. I watched for a few minutes, but drove away laughing
                    the kid being there was important, because a 55 gallon tank would probably just barely fit in a cobalt coupe

on the TV thing

one time this bitch came in and bought a 47(may not be exact) inch plasma screen TV. co worker assumed they were sensible human beings, as most of our customers are, and mentioned that laying it down could shorten it's life(which is actually a myth laying down simply makes the glass a little easier to break) so the customer wouldn't even let us try laying it down, because it could shorten the life of the display model they just bought and we had to cram it into the back seat of a Pontiac G5 sedan. why the G5? because it was bigger than the other car they brought, and she was pregnant and screaming at us the whole time
                    Last edited by AKWalMartCartGuy; 05-22-2008, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                      One of these days we should have a CS party of watching events just like this.
                      We could sit outside my work and watch people trying to squeeze enough furniture to furnish a whole house into their car.
                      And then after a while, we can all go to my store and watch people do the same thing!

It's CS Road Trip! Now where's the CS bus?
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The CS bus is currently getting a new paint job. Not to worry though, there are several other just-as-luxurious buses in the fleet

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          .... I don't know what the problem was, but these fools couldn't figure out why their cards kept getting declined. (I'm too nice to scream "it's because you have no freaking money...")
                          i just felt the need to comment on this....

just because a card declined doesn't always mean they don't have money. I had an issue with one of my cards, and i ended up having to call the bank to get it reactivated.

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                          ... They couldn't fit it in their car, and not once would the think of taking it out of the box.
                          not everything can be easily removed from a box. However, the time i had this problem, i did the sensible thing, and brought a truck the next day

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
                            I just felt the need to comment on this....

Just because a card declined doesn't always mean they don't have money. I had an issue with one of my cards, and I ended up having to call the bank to get it reactivated.
                            Right. The last time my credit card was declined it was because someone had stolen the number and tried to purchase a $6700.00 drink dispenser from a store in Scotland (I'm in the US). Upon getting the request for authorization, the credit card issuer froze the card. Fortunately, I do have other credit cards to use.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

It wasn't just one card--at least 3, including a debit card. But yeah, I see your point

Comment

Working...
                              X