Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, How I Hate to Get Up In the Morning!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, How I Hate to Get Up In the Morning!

Do any of you have jobs that require you to work really early shifts? If so, are you OK with that, or is it a pain?
    I'm a night person, so getting up at 7:00AM (which I gotta do) is a pain for me!

I used to have to get up at 6.15 to get the 7am bus, and then got home at 7.30 in the evening.

Im a night person as well, so i feel your pain. I found it was seasonal - the darker it gets in the morning, the more difficult i found it to get up.

You do get the smug satisfaction of being up and about at early-oclock, but id have swapped that for being in bed
    "don't go to the neighbors,that's just what the fire expects you to do"-phillippbo
    "Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball."
    Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

Yup yup. Mornings are the bane of my existance, and have only become worse since I started having to get my non-morning-person daughter dressed and coherent as well as myself. On an on-schedule morning I get up at 6:30 to be at work for 7:30. On a bad day I drag myself out of bed just in time to realize that we aren't going to make the 7:10 van and will be lucky to catch the 7:20 before it leaves without us...
      Arsenic is 'natural'. Hemlock is 'organic'.

Comment

I used to be a night person, until I got this job. I have to get up between 4:00 & 4:30 am, get on a train at 5:30, and I still don't get to work until 7:00 am. I get home from work about 5:30pm, and go to bed at 9:00p now But I still get to stay up late on the weekends.
        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Nocturnal here as well. As a very wise cat once said, I'd enjoy mornings more if they started later in the day.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I've found that if I have to be a morning person, I become less of a night person. Unless I'm chatting with someone 2 time-zones away, then I just suffer with lack of sleep.

I'd actually prefer to have an early shift where I start at 7. Then I'd get done at 3... take a nap for about an hour, then I have 5-6 hours to goof around and it's still light out!
            When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

My regular shift is 5:00a to 2:00p with an occasional 4:00a to 1:00p shift thrown in for variety. So I usually have to get up between 2:50 a.m. and 3:50 a.m. One of the reasons I'm quitting my current job...

I'm not a night owl, but I'm not a get-up-at-the-crack-of-dawn person either.
              My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Quoth flybye023 View Post
                My regular shift is 5:00a to 2:00p with an occasional 4:00a to 1:00p shift thrown in for variety. So I usually have to get up between 2:50 a.m. and 3:50 a.m. One of the reasons I'm quitting my current job...

Jeeze! If I had your job, I'd just stay up all night, and go to bed after I got home!

Comment

Work starts at 8am, but I like to get up and make my gf breakfast so we can eat together before I leave. I'm not a morning person so it's kinda hard getting up, but the money makes us all do it.
                  KAHN: I thought being smart person in Texas set her apart.

KAHN: If my girl doesn't wrestle, I'll show you who put the sue in Souphanousinphone!

Comment

Quoth flybye023 View Post

I know how you feel on that. My old job, was also from 5am- 2pm
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

After 19 years of being able to sleep in 3 days a week, because I started at noon, I now have to be at work for 7 am every day.

It's hard to get used to because I am not a morning person.
                      I was doing good for a while, getting to bed on time...actually, I was falling asleep after dinner every night and sleeping through until morning...but now I have fallen bak on my night owl ways.

Besides, when I was getting sleep, I was missing out on so much at CS.
                      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I am a very big night person and proud of it. That's probably one of the only things I like about my job is because it is at night and I'm more focused at that time. We have a 4:00 AM shift for basketball games where we're charged with watching the lot. You have to stay for the whole event and do work after the event is over. It'll cause you to lose a lot of sleep but its worth the check.
                        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

When I worked mornings at my current job, I'm usually wake up at about 5:30 am to be in by 6:30. Now that I work second shift, I can sleep in until...8 am-ish. I don't often sleep past 8 or 9 unless I'm sick. Oh, well...makes it easier for those rare occasions when I'm schedule for a morning shift...
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

life since college started
                            Monday Wednesday Friday: Up at 5:30 to get to my 8 am class on time. Have the occasional shift afterwards which results in me finally making it home at 10 pm
                            Tuesday Thursday: up at 6:30 for classes. same wrok deal
                            Weekends: Opening so up at 7 and 9 since (fortunatly) i live close to work.

I enjoy early shifts but blah....work AND school....this is really killin me

o well the cost of being a student on your own
                            Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Me too! 530a to 2p me. Gosh darn that's early ! I hate it can't wait to switch!

Comment

Working...
                              X