This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I being a SC

I don't know if this is in the right spot but anyways...

I bought a textbook from half.com its like ebay for textbooks for college. Anyways, I paid for the book and a couple days later I recieved a email from the seller telling me that he accidently refunded the money to my account instead of another person's account, and could I pay him on paypal. I thought no problem mistakes happen, but I asked him if he shipped the book becuase school was starting soon. He said he said he did. When I sent the money I sent a note just stating let me know if you recieved the money.

He never emailed me back so I sent three more emails asking if he recieved my money and if he had a tracking number for the book? I recieved nothing back.

I waited pretty patiently... Sending him emails saying just making sure you recieved my money and I still havenot recieved my book. Please email me.

Basically I wanted to make sure he was still around and I was going to recieve the book. Anyway after waiting three weeks and not recieving a reply or my book I put a claim on at half.com saying I didnot recieve the book.

Later that day I bought another book for $100 more then what I payed this person for it becuase I wanted to get it so I bought it from Barnes and Noble, because the bookstore didnot have any left because I had been in school for about 3 weeks now. Anyways, I left negative feedback on his account and now he is emailing me saying he sent the book to me and It was returned to him and asking if I still wanted it. I stated that I wanted my money back since I already bought another book. He then emailed me stating that I am a bad speller (which I am) and that he could not believe I was in college because my grammer was so bad and he would refund the money when he recieved the book. He also sent Paypal the tracking number for the book which appartently he recieved the book back a week ago. What? He also put negative feedback on my account stating that I was a complainer and he sent the book to me.

Am I being a SC? Please let me know Thanks

I don't think so. You never received the item you paid for. I'm sorry you had to pay through the nose for another copy that he was supposed to send.

BTW, I'm curious as to why the book cost 100 more at B&N anyway. What class was it for? Just idle curiosity.

Comment

Basically because the one at half.com was an used book and was slightly damaged and I could wait to get it, the one at Barnes and Noble was brand new and I had it overnight shipped. The class was for economics. It would have been the same price at school that I paid for at Barnes and Noble, if they would have had it.

Comment

Reply to his feedback, making it clear that you emailed him and the number of times, he never responded, you haven't received the refund or the book, and you had to pay many times more than you planned because of the seller. And report it to eBay. Honestly, they probably won't do anything (depends on how much money it was), but sometimes it's enough to get them to remove the negative feedback. And keep bugging eBay until you get someone willing to help. It can take a few times. Since you paid, never received the book, and never received a refund, you are clearly the wronged party from any point of view.

Always remember, you can reply to feedback.

I have no negatives and one neutral. I received the neutral from a half.com purchase from a book dealer. I ordered two books from the same dealer to save on shipping. I received an email, after the order was confirmed, that they were out of the books. I then had to reorder from two different sellers, which cost me time and more money for shipping. I thought I was being kind to only give them a neutral and explained why. They gave me a neutral. I replied to the feedback and never heard another word from them.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Thanks

Here's my other problem that I have that he's telling me that I am ignorant and a thief. Apparently after he sent me the book after I said I wanted my money back, and I had already ordered another one. He sent it 2 days after I told him I wanted my money back and that I had already ordered it. The think that I am upset about is he called be a thief, a lier and ignorant because I want my money back and apparently waiting three weeks for a book was not enough time from him. I don't know what i am going to do because if I receive the book I am going to half to pay United States Postal service to send it back to him. I think I should be reimbursed for it. What do you think.
          Last edited by i4wolves; 09-16-2006, 11:17 PM.

Comment

I think I would be the most pissed off about the personal attack. He can say that you were a 'sucky customer' all that he wants. He would be wrong in doing so, but at least it would have something to do with the tranasction.

Ragging on you because of your grammar doesn't have anything to do with the issue. Grammar has nothing to do with the transaction. He's just using a red herring type of thing to deflect attention away from the actual issue. He waited to long to send the book and rather than admit to that, he's saying "hey, this person can't even spell right, how can you possibly believe him/her?"

Comment

If you do receive the book you don't have to pay to ship it back to the half.com dealer. Just write 'Return to Sender' on the package with an arrow pointing at the dealer's address and return it to the post office. Alternately if you have to pick it up at the post office, when you get down there and they hand the box to you, give it back and have them mark it 'Refused' and it will be shipped back to the dealer.
              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

If you want your money back, you could try returning it without paying postage (I'd make a copy of the package showing the date it was shipped), or you could list the book for sale yourself for more than you paid.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                X