This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would we lie about that..?

So my friend and I stopped off at a country pub the other day to have a meal. Whilst looking at the menu, we ordered some Pepsi's at the bar.

The girl behind the bar poured the first drink, handed it over and started to pour the second drink, without even noticing there was something wrong with the drink..it was the colour of muddy water. We pointed out to her that perhaps there was something wrong with the syrup or gas.. she gave us an evil look, sighed, and huffed off to change whatever she needed to. In the meantime there was a huge queue forming at the bar because she was the only person serving, and she was gone about 10 minutes. (This maybe wasn't her fault, there might not have been anyone else available to serve.)

So she comes back, and pours another drink. Its exactly the same, and she doesn't even notice, we have to point it out to her. She keeps pouring more and more drinks, all the same. After she's done a few, we tell her to serve other people while we wait. (I don't understand why she didn't go and serve the queue in the first place. It was not her fault at all there was something wrong with the Pepsi machine; but it takes a complete moron to not notice that either she didn't fix the problem, or that it takes a few minutes for the syrup or whatever to start coming through again properly).

When she comes back to us, she pours a drink and hurray, its the right colour. Unfortunately, theres no bubbles. I try it, and its completely flat. I point this out (again, she hadn't noticed) and she says stuffily "Look, the drink is fine, the syrup and the gas are fine" Well, they clearly weren't! We told her to try the drink if she didn't believe us, and she refused and just kept saying "The drinks are fine.", and kept trying to charge us for them. Why would we lie, we wanted these drinks?

In the end we just left. The Pepsi running out certainly doesn't make her sucky; but her attitude and just her refusal to believe us do.

I got a drink like that in a pub once, it wasnt busy there was just our group and another one in the pub with three servers waiting....

my cola was so weak it looked like hearbal tea and I asked her on the next round to replace it because it tasted just nasty

she "punished me" for the rest of the night, the guys (at the same table) who where getting jugs got asked 4 times if they wanted refils before she brought out a new cola then acted all suprised and innocent woops....and thats with my boyfriend asking her everytime where my drink was

I was stupid I didnt believe the guys who were regulars when they said the waitresses at that bar would punish you if you dared sent back a drink... they were right. I couldnt believe it... it was like 5 steps from the bar to our table
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I would have asked to see her manager, personally; that was very immature of her and she shouldn't get away with that.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

You know, the same thing happened to me once, but the girl was super nice about it. I ended up feeling really bad because I had to send back at least 4..
        "I'm not even supposed to BE here today!"

Comment

You should've handed her a straw and said, "Here, taste this, and then try saying it's fine."

And/or found a management type to inform of the problem...
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I wonder how many other customers complained about their flat pepsi's. She shouldn't have given you an attitude like that. I would've complained to a manager. Did you guys get charged for it in the end?

Comment

I've had that happen to me when hubby and I were just dating long long ago. I tend to get attitude a lot when I go out b/c I look young and am immediately not given credibility.

We were at our favorite restaurant. I only drink Sprite. I ordered a Sprite and it had no syrup, just the soda. Our waitress was really rude when I asked to have another. I explained we both worked retail (we were both at the bookstore then) we knew how much it sucked for the syrup to run out but it happens and it was okay. I had to send it back 3 times. Finally hubby flagged down the manager and asked the manager to take a sip of my 3rd soda. When the manager did, he crinkled his face and almost spit it out - he stormed in the back and about 4 minutes later I had my freshly syruped Sprite as well as a voucher for a free dessert after we told him about our waitress not believing me.

We were treated hostily all night long. Had to ask for things that should have come out with our food, and made to wait a very long time before receiving them...things like that.

She was super nice to everyone else she was waiting on near us, but when she did come to our table she had such an aura of "if I could dump this food on your head I would" that I was afraid to ask for anything else.

If hubby didn't tell the manager, we wouldn't have gotten much service at all as she made a point to not come by our table by taking the long way around the aisle each time. The manager served us for the rest of our stay.

Sorry to thread-jack...
              If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

We did tell her to taste it, and she refused, saying "Look, its fine."
                And no way were we paying for it, we just left. Plenty of other places to go to that want our custom..

Comment

Quoth Luna View Post
                  She was super nice to everyone else she was waiting on near us, but when she did come to our table she had such an aura of "if I could dump this food on your head I would" that I was afraid to ask for anything else.
                  Hey, at least she didn't do just that, like what happened to my wife. Actually, it was a drink, and not food. We don't think it was done intentionally, as the waitress was clearly upset, but then she vanished and never came back to see if we wanted dessert, needed anything else, or even to clean up the mess. We actually had to go up front to get our check. Oh, and while we were there, we said something to the manager. He looked quite pissed when we told him. He gave us a free half-gallon of ice cream to take with us, and probably reamed out that waitress once we were gone.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Dad and I went into a Fraileys one day, for lunch, if memory serves. We ordered drinks, I asked for a Sprite. No big surprise to me when it came out and was clear.
                    I took a drink, and almost gagged on it. Dad caught the look. "What's wrong?"
                    "I think it's just club soda... you try it."
                    Dad gagged on it too. And caught the waitress when she came back around. No big deal. I got a new one, and all was well.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I've had this happen to me a few times, the machines running out of syrup, but still having enough to make the drink the right color, but it tastes like stale seltzer, interresting how much a difference that little shot of cola syrup makes.

I remember they briefly marketed some bubble gums back in the 90's that had cola syrup in them, just the syrup, in the middle of the gum, those things were nasty

So, the carbonated water by itself sucks

THe syrup by itself sucks

But together, it's somthing I drink too much of, go figure
                      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

It's stories like these that make me glad I don't drink soft drinks.

Comment

Working...
                        X