This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Brings Dog into Store

Yesterday, a customer came into the store with a dog that wasn't a service dog. After I rang up her groceries, I informed her of our pet policy. She told me that she brought her dog in all the time and that the management (she said they so I'm guessing that's what she meant) knows her. What she doesn't seem to know is that we have a new assistant store director who doesn't know her. The next customer I got couldn't believe that she brought her dog into a food store. She (the next customer) even said that she would never bring her dog into the store.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

This used to be the bane of my existence in retail. It's a food shop - how reckless do you have to be to do that?

I've had to tell a number of people that they couldn't bring their dog in - usually as they are already over the threshhold. Their answers, and what I replied on the memorable occasions, are below.

"I'll carry him!"
    "You'll leave him outside."

"He's only small!"
    "Bacteria are smaller."

"Ooo's a cutesy-wootsie!"
    "Not me - dogs not in here. Understand?"

"It's not my dog."
    I just pointed out. He wasn't joking and was apparently unaware that there are variations of jokes with that as a punchline.

Don't get me wrong - I like dogs in the same way as I like humans (if they like me, I like them). However, we're the ones who would get fined for allowing it, so that's what I started telling people. They didn't care, so back to showing them where to tie up their hounds.

Rapscallion

Comment

Our crappy manager let a lady come into our store with her dog because she threatened to go to our competitor. Luckily she's now a former crappy manager.

Comment

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2449558
        ---------------------------------

This woman has the same problem with her monkey, who "provides her emotional support."

"First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Carrying dogs around seems to be particularly popular among prostitots. I always see them go into stores carrying their rat-like dogs in handbags.
          "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
            http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2449558
            ---------------------------------

This woman has the same problem with her monkey, who "provides her emotional support."

Actually, as a friend of someone with similar debilitating anxiety attacks, such mental service animals are a need. I have seen the calming effect my friend's chihuahua has on her when in social situiations first hand.
            DJ Particle

Comment

As far as I know, if an animal provides assistance, such as a seeing eye dog or those animals that can sense when you're about to seizure a person has documentation for that animal or usually something on the collar. You can ask them. (Obviously not nessessary for the seeing eye dog!)

I've had a lot of people who would bring their pets into B&N, order food in the cafe and sit there with them. They just didn't understand why you couldn't have animals in a place where people ate. I *LOVE* animals with all my heart and soul - moreso than people usually. But you can't just bring your poodle into the cafe and drink lattes with her out in public.

Telling customers that the borad of health could close us down didn't matter to them one iota.
              If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

Working...
              X