This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for a smile.

I was remembering one of my favorite stories today. Something that happened years ago, and still makes me smile. As I thought about it, I said to myself that It'd be best shared. Further, I wondered if anyone else has a little story like this that they love. Something that was so cute, so sweet, or just plain so nice (no sucky customers here) that they still smile today when they think of it.

I call this one: "Someday, she'll break a guy's heart." It happened when I worked at Moore's.

This little girl was wandering about my department. Adorable thing she was, she had long blonde hair (almost white) and this cute little white dress on with simple shoes. BIG blue eyes and just this adorable look. (Did I say she was adorable? Well she was.) You couldn't look at this little girl without instantly smiling. Not only that, but she was so proper, never touched anything nor said anything. Digging into my stash of candy, I walk over to her and smile. Looking to the parents I ask "Can she have a bit of candy? I keep some for our little shopers." the mother nodded and said "sure." to which I held out the sucker.

That little girl looked at me, smiled, took the candy but again; never said a word. No urgings to say thank you, or anything. Smiling just the same I asked her "Sweetie, you're awfully cute. How old are you?" The girl held up four fingers and gave me a shy smile. "oh." I said and hmmed. By now squatting down so I was head level. "Well, how many is that?" I asked. Again, she held up four fingers. Ohkay...

Looking at her again, I beamed, and said in my cutest tone. "So, how old are you again?" By this time she had a funny look on her face. As though slightly annoyed with me. Again, she held up four fingers. Smiling some, I asked the girl. "Sweetie, can you talk?" To which she responded rather quickly and very annoyedly "Yeah. Can you count?"

I laughed so hard I cried that day. Turning to the parents who had looks of shock on their face I smiled. "She'll break some guy's heart someday you know?" I asked. Seeing I wasn't offended they smiled back and the girl just beamed up at me. Oh yes, she knew full well what she said, and meant to say it too.
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Wow! Great story!

That's the kind of thing that could happen on your suckiest day ever, and still leave you with a big smile!
    Meow.........

Comment

This reminds me of something I did when I was three. My mom had taken me along when she went to get some work done on her car. There was some kind of a promotion going on, where the customer was given a free toy car. The mechanic handed it to me, and my mom prompted me with, "and what do you say?" I looked up, flashed my brightest smile, and said, "Charge it!"

Me, precocious? naaaah...
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I just remembered something that happened recently.

I was waiting on a dad and his toddler girl, probably around two years old. After finishing the transaction, I did as I usually do with little ones and said "Byyyyye!" The little girl didn't respond after my saying it a few times.

Dad sez: "Can you say 'goodbye?'"

LG: "Yes!"

Me:

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

Working...
        X