Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh boy, here goes. (rant, but calm rant)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh boy, here goes. (rant, but calm rant)

Well, I've been working part-time for the paper, but if I want to save up enough money for wrestling school, I need something to bring in extra cash. So, I've started poking around for a part-time job in the evenings to get a few extra hours a week. (I work around 30 at the paper, I'm willing to go up to another 30, to be honest...I don't do much so I don't care for spare time.)

So who am I expecting a call from today to let me know when to take my drug test? Subway. After all the horror stories I've read on here...Subway.

And not just a Subway. A GAS STATION Subway.

And not only that. It's within a five-minute drive and/or three blocks of two dollar stores, an overpriced grocery store, a funeral home, three banks, a Greyhound bus station, at least 10 churches, and a Wal-Mart.

*sigh* It's within 15 miles of my house and only about 25 from the paper, so it's not a bad locale, even if I only get about $6 an hour and four hours a night, that's an extra $200 every couple of weeks, and frankly, I'll take whatever I can get. But damn. Why'd it have to be the gas station Subway surrounded by SC bait?
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Oh man, I would not want to be working in a gas station with the gas prices the way they are these days. No doubt the customers yell at the poor lowly clerks about it, as if they have anything to do with it.

I know you'll be working for Subway, and not actually the gas station, but I think we all know that doesn't stop them from yelling at you about the gas prices.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Why would Subway, of all places, require a drug test?
      Don't they know who their key demographic is?

Comment

my advice: run screaming.

that is the scariest offering to date.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth HappyCthulhu View Post
          Why would Subway, of all places, require a drug test?
          Don't they know who their key demographic is?
          Just go to the "El Rocco" every Thursday in Grand Forks. You will find most of my Co-workers there. Since we are getting rid of layaway we have been asking that layaway be turned into a bar.
          "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
            Oh man, I would not want to be working in a gas station with the gas prices the way they are these days. No doubt the customers yell at the poor lowly clerks about it, as if they have anything to do with it.
            Actually, having spent time both in Wisconsin and New Jersey recently, prices have been going down, and at a pretty good clip. $2.45-ish a gallon and falling...and the man of the household even saw $2.35 a gallon yesterday.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              Actually, having spent time both in Wisconsin and New Jersey recently, prices have been going down, and at a pretty good clip. $2.45-ish a gallon and falling...and the man of the household even saw $2.35 a gallon yesterday.
              True, they have been going down lately. But still too high IMHO. Never saw anything like $2 until not even two years ago, and since then it even hit $3 at one point.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

wait wait wait

you have to take a drug test to work at a subway.....
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                  you have to take a drug test to work at a subway.....
                  Of course you do!!! if you want to work on Subway and you're not drugged, then you must be crazy...

No offense Mysty but I had to use the joke
                  I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

[QUOTE=MadMike;30556]Oh man, I would not want to be working in a gas station with the gas prices the way they are these days. No doubt the customers yell at the poor lowly clerks about it, as if they have anything to do with it.
                    QUOTE]

If any of my customers are moved to say much about gas prices other than mumbled, nonspecific profanity, they make a point of saying "not that it's your fault." Maybe this is because recently I look and feel like I'm damn near ready to hang myself with my own necktie. (Right now I'll settle for two days off. I don't care if they're not one after the other.)

Gas at my store was $2.15 a gallon tonight. That's in a part of Iowa that usually runs a little more expensive than others. Thing is, now, we get driveoffs. None for August, which started out near $3 a gallon, 4 so far in Sept., which leads me to think maybe thieves are less guilt-ridden about running off with stolen gas? Hell if I know...
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she ought fall down, let's you know she's hurting 'fore she keens...makes her a home."

Comment

Working...
                    X