This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are you new??

On Sunday I was working a half shift (grrrrrr) when this asshat of a customer comes in, grabs a paper and flashes his rewards card at me. Small problem with this. I MUST scan the card to continue the transaction, and I tell him so.

He says to me: "Are you new?!?"
    Me: "Actually, sir, I've been working here for over 15 months now."
    AH: "Well, I'm here every Sunday and I've never seen you before."
    Me: "I don't work often on Sundays, but I've worked about 25% of them so you must have seen me before."
    AH: "You ARE new! Why did you lie?"

I gave up at that point.

I finish ringing up his paper and his gas, and he wrote out a check. We, unfortunately, must now write the DL# on the front, thanks to a scammer or two. He starts gettings really pissy and says "No one else asks for it!!!"

Me: "I'm sorry sir, but this a new policy."
    AH: repeats rant about how no one else asks.

I finally convince him that I do need to see his license. He then tries to leave before the check clears the reader. ::sigh:: I manage to get him to stay until the check clears, and then he takes off.

note: I put this in GWC, but the more I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if it should go into a different topic. Please move if needed.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

I'm still trying to figure out how you lied...
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I have never seen you in these forums, you must be new.

Comment

I hate that "you must be new" thing everyone seems to say. It just urks me so much for some reason.

Comment

"Are you new"

"I've never seen YOU before"

"Do you know what you are doing?"

"Get me someone who knows what they are doing"

Those are among some of my most favorite lines to hear from SCs...NOT!
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Shortly after I started working at the home improvements store, a customer asked me a question, and it took me some time to find the answer, because I was in fact new.

Upon finding that out, he said, "I figured. You look new."

What the hell does that mean?
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Q: Are you new?
              A: Why yes, I was just born yesterday! I am the new and improved model, please insert $20 to continue.
              "The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
              - Nathaniel Borenstein

Comment

I'm so new, they haven't even hired me yet.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I've gotten this a couple of times when for example I am fighting to get the purchased product into a plastic bag (because the bags we have at work are terrible things).

I've been at my current job over a year now and it irritates me when someone thinks I am new.

Comment

I tend to get the reverse of this, usually from the same two people at least once a fortnight. I'd understand if it was a customer who hadn't come in for several months.. But these two guys come in at least once every three days, if not more often.

One day I'll say "About x days longer then you last asked me that question.' just to see what happens.
                    3 Basic rules for ordering food.
                    - Order from the menu.
                    - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
                    - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

Working...
                    X