This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable Memory

My co-worker told me this when I got back from my break. For background, the residence I work at operates as short-term housing for conferences etc. during the summer when most of the students are gone. In the rooms there's cable jacks, phone jacks, ethernet jacks, etc. The cable available in the rooms is a feed from our satellite, and it limited to about 16 channels or so, and we didn't get to pick which channels.

CW: Co-worker
    CL: Confused lady
    CL phones down to the front desk: "Okay, so I just plugged in my cable for my TV, and was watching the news that's on at 6 o'clock"
    CW (thinking): Yeah, I know the news is on at 6, but okay.
    CW says: And what seems to be the problem?
    CL: Well, CBC is showing the Calgary news, not the Edmonton news.
    CW: Oh. Yeah, the rooms only have 1 CBC station, and we didn't get to choose, so it's the Calgary station.
    CL: Ah! I get it. Thank you. I thought it was my cable just remembering from when I was in Calgary. *hangs up*
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

What
    I don't think technology is that smart yet and when it is, it's already too late.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Sure looks like technology has outsmarted her without even trying.
      "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Quoth Trayol View Post
        What
        I don't think technology is that smart yet and when it is, it's already too late.
        Nah, I think it passed her LOOOONG ago.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
        X