X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i told you i'd have a lot of these

2 from my 4 hour shift today

first one was just weird, guy apparently had problems with his line and he said something that is just... well I'll give him credit and say stupid rather than sucky

sc- I'm sorry sir, can you face me while you talk?
    me- huh
    sc- it sounds like you are facing away from me while you talk

ok... umm, sure, you say you are in boston, so let me turn me chair to face the general direction of boston... oh wait, no it's a phone problem so that did jack shit, but maybe it will make you feel better...

second one was a hotel employee (they'll fill up these pages fast)
    she- stupid hotel employee
    me- me

me- reservation desk this is smileyeagle speaking, how may I help you (I think it should be noted, the department she called really closed over 3 hours before she called)
    she- yes, I'm calling from the hotel, could you tell me what the deadline for cancellation is on the best flex, discount, and advance purchase rates.
    me- (thinking, you really should know that) ok, with best flex there is no charge for cancellations made before 6pm on the day prior to arrival, after that time though there is a one night charge. On the discount rate any cancellation will have a 1 night charge, and the advance purchase any cancellation will have the entire stay charge.

you'd think that was the end of it... no it took her 10 minutes to finally understand it...
    ugh, where do these hotels find these people to hire them?
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post

first one was just weird, guy apparently had problems with his line and he said something that is just... well I'll give him credit and say stupid rather than sucky

me- huh
    OK he's an idiot. But I do wonder if he has to deal with someone like my mother. Whenever she becomes muffled it means she's not holding the phone to her face properly any more and I really do have to remind her to face the phone.

However I am not (in this way at least) an idiot - therefore (a) I don't assume this applies to all muffled phone calls, and (b) I understand that what she needs to do is face the phone and not me.

How do some of you cope with customer service over the phone. At least in person things take a bit longer, and there tends to be a gap when people walk out and the next person walks up - which limits the number of idiots in one day. I do not understand how you keep your sanity.

Victoria J

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post
      I do not understand how you keep your sanity.

Victoria J
      that's just it... we don't...

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post
        Whenever she becomes muffled it means she's not holding the phone to her face properly any more and I really do have to remind her to face the phone.
        My fiance does that, drives me freakin nuts! When we were living apart it seemed like every day when i talked to him on the phone we had this problem. And now i see him doing the same thing when he talks to his mom on the phone.
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

that's just it... we don't...
          Exactly. The challenge is making your madness superficially similar enough to 'normalcy' to pass muster with the sheeple.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

me- huh
            So, he's calling to report he's having problems with his phone line, and while he's talking to you the sound keeps cycling louder and quieter, ... and the first thought he has is that you keep turning away from the phone?

"Sir, are you, by any chance, calling me on the phone you are having problems with?"

Comment

Quoth SpyOne View Post
              So, he's calling to report he's having problems with his phone line, and while he's talking to you the sound keeps cycling louder and quieter, ... and the first thought he has is that you keep turning away from the phone?

"Sir, are you, by any chance, calling me on the phone you are having problems with?"

just some clarification on that, when I said there was problems with his line, I was saying that we had a poor connection, not that he was calling in to report a problem with his line...
              that said, I could see that guy doing that too

Comment

Working...
              X