This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is ...?

In my store I am in charge of BIGNAMEBRAND technical outerwear. In fact, our shop in the store is what they consider a 'concept' shop with BIGNAMEBRANDed fixtures with GIANT red BIGNAMEBRAND on them. We have no less than 45 BIGNAMEBRAND fixtures (racks) in the shop, each with the sign on the top, directly at about 5'6" of height. We also have a full WALL of GIANT NAMEBRAND signage. The shop is in the middle of the store, you cannot miss it.

....so one day, I am in my shop, teaching a new associate all about the products in the shop and up walks customer, not trying to be sucky, just obviously having a major brain burp...

Me: The one and only
    Burp: Customer who needed a clue by four
    CW: new CW

Me: 'So, CW, this is the blah jacket by BIGNAMEBRAND..' (holding jacket in hands in front of BIGNAMEBRAND shop)
    Burp: 'Excuse me, can you help me?'
    Me: 'Of course, what may I help you find?'
    Burp: 'Do you carry BIGNAMEBRAND?'
    Me: ..blinks.. ..swallows.. ..looks at BIGNAMEBRAND signed fixture 2 feet from customers face.. ..and the sea of BIGNAME brand signs in the shop behind us.. 'Yes, of course. What type of item were you looking for from BIGNAMEBRAND' (secretly hoping she'll catch on.
    CW: (nearly choking from holding back laughter)
    Burp: 'Oh, you know, jackets. I need a raincoat.'
    Me: (looks at BIGNAMEBRAND raincoat in hands I was just training CW on). 'Yes, we sure do' and with that, I wave a hand over toward the ENTIRE shop of BIGNAMEBRAND raincoats and outerwear she was staring at.
    Burp: 'Oh. Okay.' (starts to look at jackets and wanders away)
    CW: 'Wow. Just wow'

Seriously?!?!
    Just to cut off any helpful suggestions: This woman was not blind, nor disabled. She was just a bitch. - Boozy

You'd be suprised...I work in a clearly labeled and OBVIOUSLY branded cell phone store... I get stupid questions like that every once in awhile, although usually it's a person looking for one of the other cell phone companies' phones or trying to pay their bill from another company...
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

It's kinda like guests asking me where the restrooms are when we're standing right in front of them...
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Everytime I get one of these types of questions I'm tempted to say we don't have whatever it is we're looking for. One day, when my supervisors have gone for the day, I'm going to try and see if I can convince someone that we don't have restrooms. Those signs on each one of our floors totaling 5 facilites? Pure decoys.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

What's sad is you'd prolly be able to do it too...
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
          X