This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Customer for the day.

This week has been utter Hell week at work. Not in a bad way, but just UBER busy. Since I'm on the phones all day, at the end of the day my voice is usually very dry.

I was trying to talk to a customer today and fumbling all my words, badly. Thankfully the customer understood where I was trying to go. During the "down time" in the call, where I wait for a program to load, I was trying to make small talk with the customer and failing at speaking.

Finally I said, "Sorry, I guess my son's been making me watch too many Porky Pig cartoons... " The customer laughed and I was able to make it through the rest of the conversation alright.

As I started to ask him if there was anything else he needed, I failed again. The customer laughed and said that he was glad I helped and he understood then he said, "Do me a favor though? Hang up your phone, get a cup of coffee and go outside for a minute. I promise you'll be able to find your words then. Thanks for the help!"

Since it was my break time, I did just that, save for the coffee (ick). I filled my water bottle and went outside for a minute.

I love when customers realize that we are human as well.
    You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post
    "Do me a favor though? Hang up your phone, get a cup of coffee and go outside for a minute. I promise you'll be able to find your words then. Thanks for the help!"
    Funny, I would think coffee would be what was causing it.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Gothicsmurf View Post
      I love when customers realize that we are human as well.
      Me too. Can change my whole day around.
      you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Working...
      X