This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Your name, sir..."

Okay, so I was probably the sucky one here, but it was too funny...

A customer called in who had a very mild accent, but we were communicating just fine.

Until I asked for his name.

C: Uhhhhhhh...
    Me: Your name sir, can I get your name?
    C: Huhhhh? I, uh, huh?
    Me: Your name, sir. Your first name and last name.
    C: I don't... uhhh...
    Me: Your naaaaame.
    C: I don't know what it is.
    Me: You don't know your name?
    C: I just don't know...
    Me: Well, do you have your conformation number?
    C: Oh yes, it's right here!

He was actually a really nice guy; not sucky at all. I know I played with him a bit, but I just found it kind of odd that we talked and talked and then he couldn't understand I was asking for his name...

I get that every once in a great while. I think he might have needed an extra shot of caffeine....
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I forgot my name for a good 10 seconds once. Then when I remembered, I said the wrong name. Called myself Matthew. I'm not a Matthew.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Of course not. You're Jack O'Neill!
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I forgot my name once. I had to mentally list my sisters, SIL, future SIL, nieces and various friends. I finally remembered. It was kinda fun.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

heh, the only way we're allowed to pass data protection with a customer is the question "mother's maiden name"
            my god the answers we get
            "you dont know your mothers maiden name?"

"is it......wonderwall? no? how about.......uh....dingo...?"

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              Of course not. You're Jack O'Neill!
              remember, with 2 l's, there is another Jack Oniel with just 1 l, but he doesn't have as good a sense of humor...
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                remember, with 2 l's,
                *holds up 3 fingers*

I would like to point out I'm the _evil_ twin though.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Mom forgets my name. A LOT. She tends to get Big Sis and I mixed up as well (never mind that she's a brunette and I'm a blonde and we really don't look alike). Needless to say, "Hey, You!" gets thrown around alot at home
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I think this should be excusable, but I never know my age. every time somebody asks my age I have to calculate it on the spot.
                    I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
                      have to calculate it on the spot.
                      Same here... but, that might have more to do with my beliefs and the whole stroke thing... I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure I had to calculate even before the stroke.
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I've forgotten my name in the past. I think you tend to go around thinking 'I, me, we' rather than thinking about yourself in terms of your name.
                        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Well - you could always say what they do for mobile phones..."Umm - my name? ummm - sorry, I don't call myself very often.."

Yep - I have to do a quick calculation on my age too... perhaps it's wishful thinking?? :P Well - no, really it's cos I don't feel 'that old'....
                          When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

I've forgotten my name before.... and my age... Almost never remember it. Although I've been asked what it is so much here lately I know it off the top of my head (or my mind quickly calculates 2008-1976 without me "knowing").

Of course if I have those annoying little sharp pain headache things -- I'll forget everything encluding the English language and how to move for a while (well, all languages, but I only really read/write/spead English).

Comment

My Dad used my Dog's name for me the other day and I responded. If was Mom laughing that got both of us to realize what had happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X