This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Sorry, Who?

I recently took a phone call that went very much like this. Keep in mind, I work front desk at a HOTEL.

Me: (Opening) This is Raydran.
    Cust: *old woman, obviously. Maybe drunk.* Nick? Can I talk to Nick?
    Me: ...I'm sorry, who?
    Cust: Nick. Is Nick there?
    Me: Is Nick a guest here?
    Cust: What the f--- do you mean? Nick!
    Me: I'm sorry, I'll need a last name to find out if he's staying here or not.
    Cust: Who is this?
    Me: This is Raydran at *Semipopular Hotel Chain* of *Small Town*.
    Cust: WHO IS THIS I SAID. So where is Nick at? *insert incoherent drunken blabbering*
    Me: .....You need to sober up, lady. Get a clue.*click*

No, I wasn't fired. I wasn't even written up. That lady was so off she probably didn't even realize I had hung up.

let me guess, you work either swing or grave... the wackos just seem to come out of the woodwork, don't they...
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

OP probably works swing like I do. Welcome to the forums; Both SmileyEagle and I work at a hotel too. We have so many horror stories to share with you.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Thank you.

I don't know if it's just my arriving here at this site (I was referred) or if people just suck lately, but the suckiness has just been so blatant.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          OP probably works swing like I do. Welcome to the forums; Both SmileyEagle and I work at a hotel too. We have so many horror stories to share with you.
          yeah, most of my horror stories are from CRS... trust me, my stories will probably drop off soon... because after CRS there is almost nothing that the guests can throw at me that will surprise me.

oh btw, when did you you surpass me for number of posts EQ?
          I will have to work to fix this problem...
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth SorryIsGoodEnough View Post
            I recently took a phone call that went very much like this. Keep in mind, I work front desk at a HOTEL.

Me: (Opening) This is Raydran.
            Cust: *old woman, obviously. Maybe drunk.* Nick? Can I talk to Nick?
            Me: ...I'm sorry, who?
            Cust: Nick. Is Nick there?
            Me: Is Nick a guest here?
            Cust: What the f--- do you mean? Nick!
            Me: I'm sorry, I'll need a last name to find out if he's staying here or not.
            Cust: Who is this?
            Me: This is Raydran at *Semipopular Hotel Chain* of *Small Town*.
            Cust: WHO IS THIS I SAID. So where is Nick at? *insert incoherent drunken blabbering*
            Me: .....You need to sober up, lady. Get a clue.*click*

No, I wasn't fired. I wasn't even written up. That lady was so off she probably didn't even realize I had hung up.
            Ah, alcohol. How I love thee, but hate what ye do to others that I meet...

Welcome from another hotelier!
            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
            "What IS fun to fight through?"
            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              oh btw, when did you you surpass me for number of posts EQ?
              I will have to work to fix this problem...
              NEVER!

I've said in another thread: When you think your day is as bad as it can get, expect it to be worse next weekend. *sad sigh*
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
              X