This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It could happen to You. <eerie noise>

Tonight at work, I was running the drive register. About 2 hours before closing, when finishing a car's order I asked them whether it was for here or to go.

I instantly felt my mind flash "FAILURE" in bold neon lights inside my head. Luckily they just answered "To go." like a common question.
    Last edited by Trayol; 07-14-2008, 05:50 AM.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

The opposite seemed to happen all the time at my old job. People coming through the drive-through were always very careful to specify that they wanted their food to go.

Comment

A few years ago, we were heading to a community picnic, and I stopped to get some KFC to feed our rather large family.

I ordered both a barrel and a bucket with several salads and a couple of orders of large fries, as well as a couple of tubs of gravy.

I was all by myself placing the order, and there was nobody else sitting at any of the tables.

The girl asked me if it was to go.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post

I was all by myself placing the order, and there was nobody else sitting at any of the tables.

that could actually be a fair question... she has no way of knowing whether you were meeting someone and sense you got their first you didn't just find out what everyone wanted by cell phone and went in to order so it would be ready when everyone got there (i've done that before)...
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I had this sort of thing happen once. A few years ago, when I was doing some moving with my dad, I think we were moving out to this one town, or we had come up for a visit, I don't know... anyway, so my little sister, my dad and I stopped at an A&W to get some fries and onion rings and some drinks. We placed our order at the drive thru, and at the end of our order, the poor guy at the other end asked "Would you like fries with that?"

We paused, then began to laugh. The guy asked us to pull up to the next window, which we did, still giggling. At the window, the poor guy had this embarrassed grin on his face and apologized. We laughed again then and told him it wasn't a problem, we knew he'd probably had a long day - as we had - and was most likely tired. (Keep in mind this was round about 10pm that day, maybe a bit later.) The young man laughed as well and said he'd been there for at least 9 hours at that point, and he also had school to study for AND he'd helped a friend move earlier that day. He was beyond tired, and said that he hadn't realized WHAT he'd said until he heard us start laughing. So we all shared another laugh, wished him a good night, he wished us a good night (he was also just finishing his shift), and we went on our way. This has always been my favorite story to tell. It always garners a laugh.
          "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
          ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            that could actually be a fair question... she has no way of knowing whether you were meeting someone
            Except that this particular KFC wouldn't even begin to have enough seating for the number of people that the amount of food ordered would feed. (It's a very small place that wouldn't even seat 20 people.)
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
              Maybe she thought you were carb-loading before a marathon.
              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
              X