This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's HOT? When did this happen?

Ever get so used to seeing someone at work all the time, in plain retail uniform with little/no makeup, tied-back hair, looking like Retail Drone #3850376503...and then see them come in on a day off, and..."Whoa."

This happened to me today. I've seen quite a few of my co-workers looking very, erm, nice in their street clothes before (this store's well-staffed by many of the more gifted in the looks department...), but never was I as shocked as today.

There's this cashier (we'll call her Nadine), who looks like a cross between a schoolmarm and a cop when she's at work. Hair up, no makeup, no frills, stern look, barking orders, the whole bit. You half expect her to do the Sieg Heil thing when the SM comes by. Not the kind of woman you'd expect to look pretty.

But today. This lady walks into the front of the store and starts talking to one of the cashiers. She's wearing a very flattering off-shoulder top, beautiful full-length skirt, high heels, and has her hair down, which happens to be curly and to her waist. Whoa, there goes my brain. (Yes, I'm a girl. Ogling a girl. Deal.) Then I'm like, "Waitasecond." It's Nadine. Schoolmarm/cop Nadine is not just kinda pretty, she's pretty enough to make me totally forget what I was doing. The same chick that's notorious for being Sergeant Cashier. I had to pick up bits of my grey matter off the floor after that.

So, anyone else have stories like this, where Joe Co-worker is totally average in uniform, but a total double-take when you see them on a day off for the first time? I'm sure it's pretty common.
    Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

When I went to do collections at the tower I use to do security at, I had to wear business casual. A lot of the security staff didn't recognize me at first.

The guys told me how beautiful I looked out of uniform. One guy told me I looked like a lady. I asked him what I looked like before, but he told me I knew what he meant.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I don't see most of my co-workers out of work. I've had a couple come into work on their days off to visit or to pick some stuff up. And I think most of my female co-workers are hot, whether they have makeup on or if they just rolled out of bed and put on their uniforms.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

There are two girls that work with me that are very stunning. One of them, I've hung out with and she is stunning out of uniform. Long dark-blonde hair and everything she's beautiful. There's another girl who looks stunning in uniform and that's hard to do.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

One of my coworkers, who I would greet by name every time she walked by the first week I was working, was on her break, out in the lobby area one day. I'd been culled to do table wipe down, and was out in the lobby as well. I saw her from across the store, and tried to figure out who it was, as she'd taken off her hat, and her hair was down, nice red hair that reached to her shoulders. When I got closer, I realised who it was, but I was about to go over and tell her, "You can't be Rose; Rosa, maybe, but not Rose..."
          Last edited by Imogene; 10-07-2006, 12:03 AM.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Most of my coworkers don't wear makeup period, and a number of them look good at work and while not working.

Of course I leave those thoughts shelved. I have to work with them and get stuff done!
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I wonder if coworkers say that about me...

It's hard to look attractive in the work uniform at my store...
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Yeah, I've had that happen at work before...

Talking to my friend (coworker as well) and I look over his shoulder, one of the cashiers had come in on her day off. I start leaning to look around him and he goes, "what are you looking at?"

I go, "check her out"

Then he goes, "oh, that's so and so... she's come in before on her days off."

Me... "huh... cool!"

It is kind of shocking. But I've seen it the other way too... where it's ended with me saying, "they should ALWAYS wear their work clothes."
                When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

McDonalds-well, all work uniforms, really, are designed to make people look ugly.
                  But pretty much all of my old co-workers looked a LOT better out of uniform.
                  Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

I was told i look like a schoolteacher in my uniform the other day...

And I do feel a little out of Road to Avonlea (sp) too... a shirt with a frill on the chest, bowtie and high collar and stuff. I just need a skirt and to put my hair in a bun.

I dont HATE my hair but I wish I could do more with it than leave it down or ponytail/bun it. I can't use hair sprays or anything (my pet parrots like to nibble on my hair and they'd injest it) and I am useless with curling irons. I could cut it short but I want to grow it long now, but I may change my mind.

I'm told I look very nice though when I put effort into dressing up. I'm not thin as a stick but I have curves (If thick thighs from muscle) and I know I look pretty. I dont wear makeup (see above comment on birds) or even nail polish.

I get a lot of compliments though but most of the time with coworkers its a 'woah, I didnt recognise you out of the tuxedo shirt!" moment.
                    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Personally i think people look better without makeup and fancy clothes etc.

Appreciate them for what they are and not what they can seem to be with artificial covering / paint attatched
                      We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

At my current job we have a lot of college kids who work during the summer and/or during the end-of-year holidays.

One summer we had a young woman come in who was a great employee. She worked hard, got things right the first time, and was actually fun to talk with. She was also plain as a paper bag--no makeup, hair tied back in a ponytail, shabby tees and cutoffs. All of the guys thought she was a complete nonentity. Until . . .

She came in the Friday before she went back to school. NONE of the guys recognized her, at least at first. She was drop-dead gorgeous--beautiful summer dress showing off a slender figure, nice tan and perfect makeup, hair done in glossy curls . . . The male percentage of the workforce looked pretty much like this: What a riot! She had half a dozen invitations to date just off that one last visit, and told all of them no!

Comment

I was going to a fancy-schmancy New Years Eve party with my ex-bf, and I was all dolled up in a formal evening gown, my hair was curled (it's normally stick-straight), makeup, etc. We had to run by where we work for....something. I can't remember at the moment. We walked in, and everyone was like "holy crap" haha. I'm not rough-and-tumble normally, but I'm a jeans-and-t shirt kinda girl, simple makeup, etc. This was WAY more than everyone else had seen. The reactions were quite funny.
                          Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

My boss, with the exception of her brother (but we're not going to get into that), is by far the best looking member of her large family -- although, her skin is very dark and according to her she was always considered the ugliest member of her family because of that, but we're not going to get into that either. At any rate, I see her in her usual American work clothes nearly every day. Just your usual dresses and pant suits, which are pretty but unremarkable.

However, when it comes time to celebrate as only Indians can -- and that time comes seemingly several times a day -- she and the rest of the family get all dolled up in their Gujarati finest and go off to party in a religiously hearty fashion. They could stop traffic.

The women wear flowing silk saris in every hue of and off the rainbow. If they make a pit stop here or if the boss is coming to remind me of something or another, they flow through the lobby in rivers of shimmering color. Sometimes the "cloak" worn over the sari will have tiny circles of mirror, or beads, gold thread, pearls, or slivers of jewels sewn into it. Every woman wears gold -- bracelets, necklaces, earrings. You can hear them coming from a mile away from the jingling of it.

The children, and there are several daughters involved here, wear the same, just smaller. I remember once when everyone was on their way somewhere they stopped off here for the kids to use the restroom before they headed off to temple. The lobby was briefly filled with a happy hurricane of Indian children dressed in silk. I was checking a guest in, and we just sort of paused until it all passed. Then, as we finished up, the guest said what I was thinking -- "Those are the most beautiful children I've ever seen."
                            Last edited by Antisocial_Worker; 09-22-2006, 11:50 PM.
                            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I LOVE saris. they look so beautiful. Sometimes I wish I was hindu (Is that the right one? ) just so I can wear one on special occasions.

I wonder if you are allowed to if you're not Hindu. Theyr'e beautiful dresses for sure. Probably cost a lot but they look more comfortable than corsets and lacy things.
                              Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Working...
                              X