This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure, I'll swing right by, he he

Got a call last night. This person wasn't sucky in any way shape or form, just an odd answer.

This company owes us money from March-June. It's well over 6 figures. Lady calls last night and says they have a check ready, would I like to pick it up or should she put it in the mail...

Innocent enough right?

They are in New York City. I'm in Baltimore, MD.

So sure, I'll be right there.

The sad part is, given the track record, It would probably be best to drive there, take it to the nearest bank and cash it before they can cancel it.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Considering how slow NE Corridor mail is generally, you'd probably get that check about a week faster if you drive down and pick it up. But that would mean you'd have to brave the Parkway, among other delights.

Comment

Is it too late to get it wired to your account? Truly the most efficient way to move large sums of money like that.

Comment

Unless I'm sorely mistaken, Amtrak ceased to carry mail by rail in 2004. It wasn't a profitable service as I recall. Now, mail has to travel by road, which actually takes longer than it did by rail, but's cheaper.
          Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

What the hell is a cheque? LMAO

Direct transfer by bank will do just fine thank you
            "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Working...
            X