This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my mom's brainburp (short)

Ok, so this happened wednesday, but just now I'm getting around to it... even though I now have plenty of time...
    but she called, asked what was new, I told her that some idiot hit a power pole and knocked out power for 800 people, myself included. Anyway, we talk for about half an hour and I start hearing the low battery tone on my phone. I tell her, sorry but my battery is dying and I'll probably drop the call...
    she asked why I couldn't just plug the phone in my charger...
    i asked her what good it would do...
    she told me it would charge the battery
    I asked where it would get the power
    she then remembered that a black out meant no power for my cell phone either...
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

My Mom's done that too.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

The MOTH's mother has done that, too.

More than once. In the same conversation, even.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Isn't that when you try to turn the lights on to look for the candles and torch???
        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
          Isn't that when you try to turn the lights on to look for the candles and torch???
          sadly I've done that before...

Comment

I had a blackout here a few weeks ago... Called my brother (in the next town) to see if he wanted to go catch a movie. He asked me to look up the show times online.

Wound up with this conversation:

"I have no power!"
            "Yeah, but your laptop has a battery."
            "...my internet doesn't."
            "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

My new cable modem has a battery backup.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                My new cable modem has a battery backup.
                i want one *does the pooty 4 year old face*

my dsl modem is an old pos... nice router, but it doesn't have battery either.

Comment

I did that.

Hurricane/Tropical Storm Isabell came through and we lost power for a week.

Middle of the week I notice my cell is dying so I plug it in and get really irritated that it won't charge.

Until I realized that it wasn't going to since I was sitting in a pitch black room.

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
                    Yeah, I was doing that Sunday after lightening took out a transformer and our power....

BUT....on the plus side, when the power came back on, there was a little bump that reset something in my computer and yea! my soundcard is working again!
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I always flip the switch when I go to the bathroom in a blackout.

You haven't lived until you've held a flashlight in your mouth to make sure you aren't peeing on the floor.
                      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                        You haven't lived until you've held a flashlight in your mouth to make sure you aren't peeing on the floor.
                        Lights hurt too much at night, so I've just memorized the layout of my bathroom.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post

That's why I love wearing glasses:

Glasses + adjustable Micro Booklight Thingie = Headlamp
                          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                            Lights hurt too much at night, so I've just memorized the layout of my bathroom.
                            I could do that, but lately I've been plagued with cucarachas and don't want to take the chance of stepping on one in the dark. If that happened, you'd all have to come visit me in my padded room in Las Vegas (NM, where the state mental hospital is).
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                            X