Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have worked more than 7 hours. Did you take a lunch [Y/N]?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have worked more than 7 hours. Did you take a lunch [Y/N]?

Remember Wednesday when I had to give up my day off to put up with bullshit?
    My DM said I could stay clocked in for lunch on Thurs-Friday to make up for it. I did... And today I was working 9-2 and had 2-8 off. Carin was supposed to work 2-8. With this afternoon essentially being my only 'day' off until next Friday...

Guess what happens?

She doesn't show up...

At all...

I phone her house.

No answer.

I phone the other store - she's not there - and not scheduled there. So there wasn't any scheduling errors... I give her the benefit of the doubt and give her half an hour to show up... Half an hour turns into an hour, which as I scramble to find somebody to cover the shift... Turns into 3 hours, which turns into 5... I even get so desperate as to phone Hannah - the one who got shitcanned for refusing to work my grandmother's funeral - she now works one 4hr shift a month.

Nothing... I just worked a 12 hour shift... Ontop of the 9 hour shifts on Thurs and Friday. Then an 8 hour day on Tuesday... and I work 7 hours tomorrow... And 8 hour shifts all next week except for Friday.

I have hours coming out my ass... This cheque's gonna be sweet. It's just the fact that I'm so damned tired - my knee is killing me - and it's not even the start of the Christmas Package yet... One more month... <sigh>

But I did get permission to erase her off my schedule and replace her with my new hire and hire somebody else to fill the holes... I want people in my studio that are reliable and can be counted on - and know enough not to jam cashbags where cashbags shouldn't be. Two interviews on Monday. Unless they're complete mouth breathers - one of them's getting hired by Wednesday. I'm tired of this shit.
    Last edited by Retail's Bitch; 09-24-2006, 12:39 PM.

Freaking awesome with canning Carin. The wench!

Edit: One of our supervisors (who happens to be 18 and stupidly pregnant) got demoted to a regular like the rest of us, because Thursday night was like the 3rd night she didn't show up. That'll show her. Damn kids.

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
      Freaking awesome with canning Carin. The wench!

Edit: One of our supervisors (who happens to be 18 and stupidly pregnant) got demoted to a regular like the rest of us, because Thursday night was like the 3rd night she didn't show up. That'll show her. Damn kids.
      Ooooh I didn't can her... She wasn't mine... I am just giving her back... She's being borrowed from the other store. As soon as my new hire is fully trained, I'm taking her off the schedule.

Comment

Quoth Retail's Bitch View Post
        Two interviews on Monday. Unless they're complete mouth breathers - one of them's getting tired by Wednesday.
        Fun typo, or you just know how they're going to react?

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
          Fun typo, or you just know how they're going to react?
          Yeah just caught that and fixed it... <sigh> It was a typo... But way things are going... They might just get as tired as I am. Here's hoping they don't all freak out and quit.

Comment

not typo there is a term for that. It's called a Freudian slip.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Well as we were closing up today I got a phone call from my boss...

"She's gone... Do what you need to, to cover the shifts."

So if I can't find somebody to work on Friday... The next day off I'll get is October 9th...

<sigh>

She's gone... which is good. I don't have to worry about whether she'll show up for shifts... Now I just gotta worry about burn out... Before Christmas even hits...

Excuse my language, but FUCK!

Comment

That wench needs to be fired.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                  That wench needs to be fired.
                  Well she's gone.. So she either quit or was fired... Either way she's not my problem anymore.

Comment

Good to know. I don't get why some people feel the need to behave that way with a job.

Comment

Working...
                    X