This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More like a leg burp...

So, Im a surgical assistant and today we had a very complicated and LOOOONNNNNGGGGGG ( 6 hrs!!!!) case involving a leg fracture and face fractures.

Anyhow, im standing across from the surgeon, in sterile gown and gloves, next to a co worker of mine. Because the doc was kinda tall and Im not (5'1" on a good day...lol) I was on a step stool. These are low, flat and wide. Somehow, I ended up stepping on just one side and the stool tipped up and I fell. But not just fell...this was the slowest fall in the world in which I bounced off everything in a five foot radius of where I was standing. I ended up on my back with the suction in my hand and everyone leaning over me, trying their best not to laugh.

The doc leans over the patient and and very dryly says "Well, I dont think youre sterile anymore."...I lost it....I was laughing so hard I had to leave. I can back about 10 minutes later and everyone burst out laughing again...it was horrible!!

That was about 5 hours ago and theyre all still here laughing at me..

That 5' 1'' is gonna do you a lot of good in the long run though - my poor father-in-law had horrible back pain for years because of forty years of bending over surgical tables. Glad you're unhurt and (I assume) the patient is fine.

[ Amina fell in the surgery......]

Comment

Working...
    X