X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Douche-bag

WOO first post

Anyways, I am a cashier at my local grocery store...And this is my real first experience with a super SC...and I tell you my friends it was not a pleasent one. This happened a couple months back.

So this is on a normal saturday, moderately busy. I start ringing up this guy, and this is how it went.

guy(SC)
    Me (self-explanatory)

Me- How are you doing today
    SC- Hi(monotone and unpleasantly)

(Now if you are reading this and you're a cashier for a grocery store, you might know that you put delicate items (bread, chips, cakes, etc...) off to the side so they don't get damaged by other heavy stuff.

So I put his tortilla chips off to the side while he is bagging his groceries. Then I ring up his 2-liter bottles of soda and put at the end of the belt because if you put them on the belt then they just end up falling over anyways. So about a minute later a bottle of pepsi falls on his chips.(Was no way my fault, it just fell over from other groceries)

SC- IF I WANTED MY CHIPS CRUSHED THAN I WOULD BUY THEN CRUSHED, DOUCHEBAG

They weren't even crushed, maybe like a chip or two...

Me- I'm sorry sir, do you want another bag of chips? I can get them for you
    SC - I DON'T WANT ANYTHING FROM YOU!. It's bad enough i have to bag my own groceries( uhhhhh.....)

(okay now it is super akward while ring up the rest of his order.)

Then we finish and he pays with his credit card.

(wow moment) As he leaves in a pissed off mood, I notice he forgets his whole wallet. Now, this is very interesting. I thought about not giving to him.( For obvious reasons) The possibilities i could do with it!! but I did anyways( ihni why).

He then takes it and leaves

That experience really made me realize how stupid people could be, because I obviously placed the 2 liter bottle of soda so that it would fall on his chips.

Reply and tell me what you think

first off, welcome to customers suck!!! second, you did nothing wrong. people make mistakes sometimes; it seems like he just wanted something to bitch about. also, you should have refused service at "douchebag." you shouldn't have to deal with that crap. don't worry about it, but sadly those people are normal in this type of business. have a drink on me.
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Welcome!!! Customers have the right to complain, but we have the right to refuse service.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

When I was a bagger or cashier I had some SCs who would see me move a chrusable item to the side and say "You better not crush that!" Yeah, that would be why I put it off to the side out of the way of the items coming down the belt.

Comment

Quoth aznsk8ter View Post
          SC - I DON'T WANT ANYTHING FROM YOU!. It's bad enough i have to bag my own groceries( uhhhhh.....)
          That last part always makes me blink when I see it. When I was in retail, it was in a heavily Jewish neighbourhood. More than one elderly person I served had numbers tattooed into their forearms.

Perspective is a whine-killer.

Rapscallion

Comment

aww, that poor baby had to bag his own groceries. wahhh.

you did nothing wrong, he's just a miserable *beep* needing to vent; unfortunately, he never learned the concept of 'time and place for everything.'
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth aznsk8ter View Post
              (wow moment) As he leaves in a pissed off mood, I notice he forgets his whole wallet. Now, this is very interesting. I thought about not giving to him.( For obvious reasons) The possibilities i could do with it!! but I did anyways( ihni why).
              Grabs up wallet and approaches SC with wallet behind back. "Excuse me sir! I realize I'm just a douchebag, but even I couldn't bear the thought of you being inconvenienced by the loss of your wallet." Produces wallet with a flourish and a perky Dentyne smile.......

Welcome aznsk8r. BTW, what do you skate? Inline, board, ....

Comment

Working...
              X