This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even more planogram pratfalls

The feces-flinging monkeys who design our planograms are at it again...

We have started getting in sleds and snow tubes. The sleds are made of plastic, are bulky, and aren't the lightest things in the world.

According to the planogram, the sleds are all supposed to be hung on peghooks. Problem is, the peghooks can only support two or three sleds before the start bending almost perpendicular to the basedecks below. And all this weight tears the hell out of the pegboards. In fact, the pegboard in this aisle has started to split just above the points where the peghooks are mounted into the board. We've had to resort to wiring the pegboards together so they don't fall apart and fall down and dump the merchandise all over creation.

I say the suits shouldn't be allowed to make planograms until they actually work in a store and see exactly how much gondola space we have for everything and how everything is packaged, so it can be displayed in the best way. But that makes too much sense, so of course it isn't allowed.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

ooo man dont get me started on planograms.

Nightcrew: Hmmm planogram says this workout equipment goes on the top shelf....wow that dumb but we inda have to.

Me: (when i was new, innocent, and dumb) Yes ma'am i can get that workout set for yah. Ouch i droppd it on my stepladder thingy. Here yah go ma'am I managed to save it. O...im bleeding from my hand am i? ok someone else can take taht out for yah i gotta go to first aid....

granted i would never do tat now but i was a young naive high school kid with a twinkle in my eye at that time.
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Yep I know all about poorly designed planos.

On paper, all the merchandise is lined up properly and there are never any odd looking spaces or overlapping stuff. In reality, T-squares end up behind a peg of compasses or scales or whatever, and because of where an emergency exit is located, the dry erase marker section is split in half so there's a bunch of gaps on the end of some of the shelves.

The pushers. The agony! You know, a widget that has a metal coil attached so the product is always at the front of its facing unlike a peg. Nearly all the writing implements are supposed to be held with the pushers. They work great for boxed stuff like dozen boxes of pens but for stuff that has the elongated peg hole on the package, the things get jammed and twisted especially if the package is not flat. If I find the at corporate who thought of this genius idea I shall give him/her a

Comment

The pushers. The agony! You know, a widget that has a metal coil attached so the product is always at the front of its facing unlike a peg. Nearly all the writing implements are supposed to be held with the pushers. They work great for boxed stuff like dozen boxes of pens but for stuff that has the elongated peg hole on the package, the things get jammed and twisted especially if the package is not flat. If I find the at corporate who thought of this genius idea I shall give him/her a
        We have those things for the toothbrushes. God, that is a cluster. When we get new toothbrushes in, we have to clean out the ones that fell behind the pushers and jammed them up.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          We have those things for the toothbrushes. God, that is a cluster. When we get new toothbrushes in, we have to clean out the ones that fell behind the pushers and jammed them up.
          Holy crap, the toothbrush pushers. Those are evil. Mostly becasue all the toothbrushed look the same and nothing ever gets put into the right spot. I spent almost 2 hours facing that one day. It was nearly perfect when I was finished, and I managed to keep it that way for almost a week before it went downhill again.
          "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

I HATE PLANOGRAMS. When I first started working for OfficeMax, I had to do them every night. The paper was the ones, that I love to do. Everything else, was either to bulky, too long, or something else.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth El Barto View Post
              Holy crap, the toothbrush pushers. Those are evil. Mostly becasue all the toothbrushed look the same and nothing ever gets put into the right spot. I spent almost 2 hours facing that one day. It was nearly perfect when I was finished, and I managed to keep it that way for almost a week before it went downhill again.
              The oral care planogram at my store got reset Tuesday.

The toothbrush pushers are history. All the toothbrushes are hung are peghooks now.

Happy happy, joy joy.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                In fact, the pegboard in this aisle has started to split just above the points where the peghooks are mounted into the board. We've had to resort to wiring the pegboards together so they don't fall apart and fall down and dump the merchandise all over creation.

I say the suits shouldn't be allowed to make planograms until they actually work in a store and see exactly how much gondola space we have for everything and how everything is packaged, so it can be displayed in the best way. But that makes too much sense, so of course it isn't allowed.
                I wonder if it would be at all possible to get new pegboards at some point in the future?

Hey, nice points you made, especially your last sentence!!! It sounds familiar...
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  I wonder if it would be at all possible to get new pegboards at some point in the future?

Hey, nice points you made, especially your last sentence!!! It sounds familiar...
                  It would have been, had corporate made the decision to completely remodel my store last year, instead of just moving everything around, putting down new carpet and fixing floor tiles here and there. When one of our stores gets remodeled, they get all new fixtures. New shelves, new pegboards, the whole nine yards.

Comment

Working...
                  X