Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I seriously wonder how some people function...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I seriously wonder how some people function...

Brief background: I work for an authorized retailer for a major wireless carrier. Our stores are quite obviously branded...for 1 phone service.

SL: Silly lady (I say silly, because she was very nice- just totally clueless.)

SL: "Hi. We'd like to add my cousin here to our family plan."
    Me: "No problem. Let's start by looking up your account. What is your information?"
    SL: (gives info.)
    Me: "I'm sorry, but did you say, (repeat info)?"
    SL"Yes, that's right (info)"
    Me: "Unfortunately, I can't access the account. It is telling me that the phone number does not exist. Are you sure you have an account with (service)?"
    SL: "Oh...isn't this (competitor???)"
    Me: "Um...(looking at signage) I'm sorry, we only carry (service). You would have to go to (competitor's) store."
    SL: "Oh, thank you!"
    Me: "Have a nice day..."

Seriously...how do people survive...?
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Isn't that way too typical? I had the same thing a couple of times with my job. At least we can conclude that breathing is below recognizing colors and text on the survival difficulty scale. Apparently basic survival is indeed very basic.

Or maybe it's just a common brain burp. I simply don't want to believe people are that far gone. Honestly though, it gets just slightly annoying when they do it a second time... on the SAME DAY!

Comment

My little brother used to have to deal with people asking for Big Macs when he worked at Burger King. I'm sure McDonalds has the same problem.

Some people just never think. Ever.

Imagine all those bored little brain cells...
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        My little brother used to have to deal with people asking for Big Macs when he worked at Burger King. I'm sure McDonalds has the same problem.
        Yes, yes they do.

Also, if you know your McDonalds staff well enough, try ordering a DQP made up like a big-mac, on a mac-bun.

Fun stuff, but there's no way in hell to actually ring it up, so you have to be friendly with the staff or work there.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I used to have people handing me their Esso or Petropoints cards all the time. I'd just look at them and say "we don't accept those here" I acutally had several people ask me why to which I replied "This is [name of company who's colours are red white and blue]" I actually had this conversation with someone:
          Customer: where do I put my points card in the pump?
          Me: Uhm, we don't have a points card, you just need to use your debit or credit card at the pump.
          Customer: Yes, see look I have your points card here!
          Me: That's for Petrocan...
          Customer: yes, and?
          Me: This is [company name]
          Customer: well you should have signs!

They then walk out, and I stand there in utter disbelief at the stupid I'd just witnessed.
          “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

Quoth Muses_nightmare View Post
            Customer: well you should have signs!

They then walk out, and I stand there in utter disbelief at the stupid I'd just witnessed.
            The HUGE sign outside isn't a giveaway?????
            Last edited by Broomjockey; 08-18-2008, 06:26 PM. Reason: edit quotes
            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth neecy View Post
              Well, if my store's sign, indoor signage, color scheme, and advertising ALL aren't indicators, how can we expect an SC to look at just one sign however huge it may be?

People are so unobservant, it kills me.
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth neecy View Post
                Well, apparently that nor the signs on the pumps outside, or the signs in the store, or the colours of the store, or you know, my uniform and nametag which both have the store's logo on them. Just...wow....
                “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

Quoth neecy View Post
                  Rule #783 of Sucky Customers:
                  Never acknowledge a sign. Acknowledging or reading a sign before beginning your tirade to a lowly employee can undermine your attitude, which must remain at full strength. If you must acknowledge a sign, by no means acknowledge the correct one.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                    Seriously...how do people survive...?
                    I'm guessing cassette tapes inserted into a Walkman that remind them to breathe.

"Inhale.....exhale....inhale...exhale....TURN TAPE OVER!" and then they fumble with the thing for a while and either turn blue or die.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth neecy View Post
                      We all know people don't read. No matter how big the sign the will not see/read/compared it.

Comment

Except for the words 'free' or 'sale', of course.
                        They seem to notice those - not the rest of the sign, of course, just those words...

Comment

Those are usually the words in the biggest font, though.
                          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Gothmog View Post
                            Except for the words 'free' or 'sale', of course.
                            They seem to notice those - not the rest of the sign, of course, just those words...
                            The Vancouver Sun had a lot of their street boxes broken into the day the Iranian hostages were released (seized during Carter era, released at beginning of Reagan's time in office). It might have something to do with the headline that day - one word "Free!".
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X