This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press Start

A lady called today with problems with her washing machine. She couldn't seem to figure out how to clear an accidental pressing of her delayed start button and get the machine working. After having her read the buttons on her machine to me, I told her to press the power button. Lo! The delayed start setting magically went away! Along with everything else on the display. "How do I get the display back?" Um... try pressing the power button again to turn it back on? Surprisingly, it worked.... Then I walked her thru how to set the machine to do a load of laundry. She got all the way thru setting the temp, fabric setting, water level and.... "Now how do I get it to start working?" Um.... try pressing the button labeled Start?

What makes this a memorable thing is that is was NOT a new washing machine. The woman had had it for years....

Edited to add: Another caller asked me (seriously) if 33 degrees farenheit was warmer or colder than 38 degrees farenheit. I can already tell I'm going to get some of the damndest questions on this job. Hey! But at least I don't have to try to sell anything to anyone!!!
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Did she ever think about reading the instructions that came with the machine? I always save mine cause you never know when you'll need it.

Comment

Working...
    X