This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Week in Brief

Or maybe last two, it's been a while since I've shared anything.

Uh...We Open at 10

Sundays we have meetings to discuss the week's sales, promotions, etc. I show up quarter of nine and see a car live parked outside the store. Two women are inside. One of them rolls down the window and asks me if I can let them in to shop an hour early "because I always shop an hour before everyone else". I tell them I can't, we don't open until 10. They said they'll wait.

And they did, they stayed out there until we opened. 10 rolls around, and they....left.

I Win, You Losed.

Corporate has finally decided our 5-gallon drum policy will stay the same; store credits only. So when the Queen decides to turn in 4 barrels to get cash and I tell her we're only giving store credit, she barely gets to snap before K says "It's your choice, ma'am: take the credit, or go out those doors and have a nice day." She took the credit, but not without giving me the death glare, as if she wanted me to croak on the spot.

Thou Shalt Not....Also The Story of "Piff"

There was a lady in the store who was looking at our patio furniture and testing out the chairs. She finally decides on a set that has a sign on it with the words "Sold - P.I.F." The following ensues:

SC: I'd like to purchase this set.
    Me: I'm sorry, someone else has already bought it, and we don't have any in the warehouse.
    SC: She didn't take it home?
    Me: The set wouldn't fit in her car, so we told her we'd hold it for her until she was able to pick it up.
    SC: Then it's free game.
    Me: No, it isn't.
    SC: She left it behind. Finders keepers.
    Me: I can't sell you this set.
    SC: You can. I am the customer. You're supposed to give me what I want, and I want that set.
    Me: I can't, it's already been paid for. It says so on the sign-
    SC: What sign?
    (Gee, I dunno. Try the two-foot one that's RIGHT ON THE TABLE.)

She finds it.

SC:It doesn't say it's been paid for! It says "Sold" and "Piff"!

Shame on me, I started cracking up.

Me: That means Paid in Full.
    SC: No sir.

So I showed her. Paid In Full.

She scowls.

SC: God hates you right now. You're sinning by denying me of my wants. ( I know. Huh?)
    Me: So are you.
    SC: What?
    Me Thou shalt not covet. Ring a bell?

PWNED. By a Wiccan, no less.

I'll Have Your Job!

This was a gem of a guy. He calls asking why some gated ladder he ordered hasn't arrived at his house when it was supposed to have come today. Now, unless it's being sent to our store, we really don't have much control over when it gets there. I told him the most I can do for now is go ask a manager. He says go ahead, take your time, I'm not pinning this on you.

BULL.

Manager is busy, so he asks me to get the guy's name and number and he'll call him back. Guy explodes as if a half-ton of TNT had been stuck where the sun don't shine. Demands the manager, says I'm not doing my job, and don't I dare put him on hold again (yet if I have to call the manager, I kinda have to). Says he's facing a lawsuit because of children in the area, and calls me a Rican (which I'm not) because I apparently don't know how to do my job. I ask him one more time for his information and demands I tell him my name, insisting that come tomorrow he will have my job. Ricans like me shouldn't be allowed to work, he says, because they can't do anything right. I told him quite frankly I shouldn't have to share that kind of information because he refused to give me his to try and help him. He shouts it in my ear one more time for my name (R nearby jumps, since he heard the guy scream, runs off to find K) and I mutter it to him. He demands my last name, I tell him I'm not allowed to give that out, and he slams down the receiver.

For the next 20 minutes he calls back, and hangs up when I answer because he's quite through with talking to me. K is standing by my register, waiting to confront this guy after I shared my side of the story. Phone rings, and a woman is on the phone. She starts by saying she is sorry about her husband's behavior, can't believe he'd call me such a thing, and inquires about the fencing. K explains that there isn't much we can do because it isn't being sent to our store; she understands and hangs up after another five minutes of apologies.

The next day the guy storms in demanding we get him his fencing and get it now. D from corporate was visiting the store that day. Shame on him for wearing his badge, because Fencer stormed right up to him and started to complain about a Rican lady named Nashida who was very rude and wouldn't help him. he spots me, reads my badge, and starts screaming to have me fired for not doing my job.

Now I'm chummy with D and K; they say I'm one of the best they've had in a while and I'm very good at doing my job. D asks if I mentioned that the manager was busy. Fencer says I did but that it was a load of bull. K chimes in that it was not, that he was truly busy and that he himself had asked me to get contact info. He also notes that racial slurs are not tolerated here, either towards another cashier or employee, and if he doesn't knock it off, he's getting kicked out for good. He's not going to fire me for doing my job, and for the record, we don't have his fencing.

There's more, but I's tired and I open tomorrow.

Since when is saying "No" a sin?

I'm reminded of a saying I've heard: God answers all prayers. Sometimes the answer is "No."
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

So... what's a Rican?

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
        So... what's a Rican?
        I was assuming Puerto Rican...?

I love people who can tell your skin color over the phone...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Hmm... Sinning you say.

Pride= Thinking your better than other customers
          Greed= Wanting everything you want
          Wrath= Getting angry irrationally at the nice worker who won't let you take a purchased item from someone else.

Also if they are totally jealous of the person who owns the patio set than they are 4 for 7.

Also, I fell over laughing at "Finders Keepers" That is a mature argument.
          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

The telling you you're sinning by not giving the patio furniture would have been told "I didn't know God had such a vested interest in patio furniture."

I just wouldn't have been able to help myself.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              I was assuming Puerto Rican...?

I love people who can tell your skin color over the phone...
              You assumed right, BE. In the city where I work there is a very large Hispanic population, and when customers aren't complaing about our store, they're complaining about them. Which is very unfair, IMHO.

Although somewhat in his favor I am badly sunburnt, so I am several shades darker than i usually am, but how he could tell over the phone is beyond me.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                So... what's a Rican?
                Maybe he meant to say Wiccan, but his accent got in the way.

Comment

Also add thou shalt not steal to all the sinning she may like to throw around because she would be stealing from the customer who already paid for the furniture if she took it.
                  I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    Since when is saying "No" a sin?
                    Well, I guess we all failed to recognize the Godliness in that person, and that denying her what she wants is on Her Home-Made List of Deadly Sins. Because She's not just a customer, no. She is a Goddess. And She will smite you.
                    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
                    X