This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid safe

Yesterday, I was in charge of the store while my boss was at an all day meeting. I've done it before, but this time was slightly different because he scheduled someone else to work (so I was the boss!) and I got to make the bank deposit (which only managers/assistant managers can do).

All went well...until after I sent W home a whopping 10 minutes early. I was stocking change into the safe so 2nd and 3rd shift could vend change. I must have nudged the handle on the door because the locking mechanism kicked in and locked the door open. ::sigh:: I fiddled with the door for a few minutes before I called my boss' boss and left a message. I fiddled around some more and the door finally unlocked itself. YAAAAAY! I called my boss' boss back and left another message to disregard the first message. My boss calls me back a few seconds later, and I told him all was well.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Couldn't you just enter the code again to unlock it or is it on a timer?

At least your safe opens. Monday and Tuesday I was sent to a small store in our distract to help for a few days because they're understaffed (only 6 or 7 people work for that store, its so small its actaully being run by an assistant manager right now). The office in that place is set up so poorly that the safe door doesnt open all the way. You have to tilt the cash drawers sideways to get them in the safe. The first time I tried to get a drawer in there I tilted it to far and coins went everywhere.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

I kept pushing the right buttons and turned the handle like you do to open, and it finally worked.
      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Where I work, the main part of the safe can be entered with the safe key and code. There are at least 2 parts of the safe (3rd part I'm not sure about) that are on a timer.
        My Fanfic Page
        My Fiction Page
        My Social Group
        My Pet Social Group
        My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth El Barto View Post
          The office in that place is set up so poorly that the safe door doesnt open all the way. You have to tilt the cash drawers sideways to get them in the safe.
          Sounds rather like the gas station I worked at. Fun for all.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

We have a night safe - where the cash from cash lifts goes overnight - it has a pipe from the tills, money is transferred in little pods.

The safe has a small round opening on the top, just big enough to get a hand in it and pull out the pods. The safe "door" is actually a round "plug" that fits in the hole. On this "plug" is a time delay keypad - enter 6 digit code, wait 20 minutes, and enter 6 digit code again, then it will unlock. Turn the keypad 90 degrees, then turn the whole plug 90 degrees, and it lifts out.

The number of times my manager has locked it out of the hole is unbelieveable. It doesn't help that the keypad tends to return to its locked position when you take it out! You have to put it against a wall to stop it engaging - it stops the metal bar coming out the side. Oh, and it must weigh about 20lbs - its not exactly featherweight!

One of the shops has this safe UNDER A DESK! its like 8 inches under the desk, you can hardly see the keypad because it is recessed into the top. And when you do open it, you have to get down on hands and knees and reach right in there. I didn't think it was possible for someone to design an office so badly.

Another shop has a safe whose big heavy metal door swings into the desk - the desk has a massive chip in it from being repeatedly hit by corner of said safe door (which must weigh in excess of 100kg - 220lb). This safe door was actually left unlocked most of the time because it was the change safe, yet it had a freakin time delay on it! Even the manager said "unlock it in the morning and lock it when you leave at night". Loss prevention weren't best pleased when they audited our store, but what can we do? We need change at the drop of a hat, not in 10 minutes! And we aren't paying someone to sit in front of the safe for 10 minutes at a time so he can wait for the beep!

Comment

Working...
            X