This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I Out Of Order?

Today, I went shopping in town and had a drink and burger at a Wetherspoons. I was standing at the bar behind this old guy and he shouted out his order to a barman. So, I gave my drink and dinner order to the barmaid. Next thing I know, the old guy's having a go at me. "Wait your turn, can't you?"

I honestly thought he was being served; however, he was talking to me in a really nasty tone of voice and doing that finger stabbing thing. So I replied, "I thought you were being served already. If I was psychic, I'd have won the lottery ages ago." Then his wife said to him, "I thought you'd been served by the barman myself. It's not her fault you weren't."

Old guy then glared at her, then at me and finally at the barmaid, and shuffled off. His wife took over ordering, and I paid for my stuff before going to sit down for a smokey treat. Was I out of order? I was polite to the barmaid, and I would have been nicer to Old guy if he hadn't been treating me like s***.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Sounds to me like you were fine, and he was a pig.

Don't sweat it.

Comment

I would have had a flamethrower fueled up for him in my case.

Polite is for those who don't do anything wrong to you. Extra-crispy for those that do.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I don't think so....the man gave his order to the barMAN you gave your order to the barMAID two different people. I don't know what his trip was....he had no right to yell at you and had it been me I would have said "I was talking to the lady dude...NOT the man...so chill.
        NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Nope, to me, it sounds as if you were in the right. He was being taken care of by another employee. Maybe he needed glasses,...or maybe he just figured he was so important, that he required two employees for his order.

Whatever the case may have been, let it slide, you did nothing wrong.

And knowing me, I probably would have said just about the same thing to him,....

Comment

Thanks people. ^^ It bugged me, as I do try to be pleasent at all times while in food places.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

You were in the right. He was not. Even his wife told him he was in the wrong. You handled it quite well. I like to hope I would've acted in the same way as you.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

*blushes*

I do wonder tho, that if I'd been dressed in a summer frock and no makeup rather than what I was wearing (black skirt that's cut so it's long in places and short in others; Metal Sludge t-shirt; black and silver New Rock Boots teamed with bronze eyeshadow and thick black eyeliner in an Egyptian cat eye style) he'd have been less nasty. Oh well, I will still dress how I want and hopefully this old guy will get a clue before he tries that on with someone who'll react more violently than I did. O_o
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  Oh well, I will still dress how I want and hopefully this old guy will get a clue before he tries that on with someone who'll react more violently than I did. O_o
                  I hope he doesn't. could be an interesting read in the news.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                  X