This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mmm, baked cream

This one's an almost brain burp, by me, in my own home.

I served myself a bowl of ice cream, and nearly put the container "back" in the oven. Which was warm from my fiance heating up a sausage roll.

Well, if you put some meringue around it, you could have a kind of Baked Alaska...kinda...sorta.....
    But don't worry, it's happened often enough to me when I make coffee/tea, that I try and put the kettle in the fridge, the milk in the cupboard and the sugar on the kettle powerthingie....
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I keep finding the back door keys in the knife drawer rather than the junk drawer (they're 90 degrees apart), but I've yet to put them in the fridge.

Give me time eh?
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

That's nothing compared to the time when one of the (stoner) fry cooks decided to make fried ice cream at my last restaurant job.

He wasn't aware of the fact that you have to coat said ice cream in some sort of breading or batter first.
        "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
        -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

I once ALMOST emptied an entire 1Kg bag of sugar right into my pint mug while making a brew.
          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I love when I find the TV remote in the freezer...

Comment

There's ketchup packets in my car's glove compartment..have yet to figure out how they got there.

I'm also guilty of putting lemonade picthers in the pantry rather than the fridge. And I've left the remote in the fridge twice.

Comment

Work badge in the freezer, keys in the fridge, phone on the tv (it has it's own cubby for charging), DVD's in the freezer...Books and sweater in the fridge (put the wrong bag into the frdige after a shopping trip)
                Last edited by Aethian; 08-26-2008, 09:26 PM. Reason: Dam typo demons

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  Books and sweater in the fridge (put the wrong bag into the drige after a shoping trip)

Thats too funny!

Comment

When I was living at home, my mum would often leave the remote in weird places, usually the kitchen when she went out to get a snack or some coffee. After a while, I got pretty good at guessing where she'd left it, based on the snacks/coffee she had.

It would usually be in the cupboards (either the one with mugs, or the one with coffee and snacks) or on the counters, or sometimes on the dinner table, but one day I couldn't find it. My mum couldn't either. I looked at the food she had got, and noticed a slice of bread with cheese and green pepper. I looked in the fridge, and the remote was in the crisper! With half a bell pepper and some carrots.

She never lived that down.

Comment

Last week I almost put the Ovaltine jar in the fridge with the milk.

Well, that was the most recent time, anyway...
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        Last week I almost put the Ovaltine jar in the fridge with the milk.

Well, that was the most recent time, anyway...
                        Mom always keeps hers in there. Says it tastes better and mixes in better.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                          Baked Alaska...kinda...sorta.....
                          Dog, I used to love the Baked Alaska my mom used to make. I miss my mom.

</threadjack>

I've found the remote in the fridge or the freezer enough that when I can't find it right away, that's the first place I look.

DVDs in the bathroom.

Game CDs in the middle of the music CD rack.

The worst was when I left the phone in the (thankfully cold) BBQ for about a week. IIRC, that's when I was about to light the BBQ and the ex called after wrecking the car.

B
                          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                          I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Working...
                          X