This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banks can do anything! (TM)

Before my fun day running around like a headless chicken (long story, posted about in Off Topic if anyone's curious), my Roomie and I had stopped at the bank to get some cash. Ahead of us was a single customer, a low-to-mid 30s lady.

The only reason I'm not posting this in Sightings is because she didn't get snarky or yell or anything, just... seems annoyed and confused.

BL: Bank Lady
    Me:
    T: Teller
    Italics: actions

BL: steps up to the window when called and tosses down two pieces of paper I need to change these money orders. For different amounts.
    T: Uhmm.. okay.. looks at the money orders and gets a very blank look on his face for a moment Did... you get them here?
    BL: They're for the wrong amount. I need one for Two Fifty. stops talking and stares at the teller
    Me: raises an eyebrow, trying not to snicker at the fact that she only mentioned one and not both, and waits hoping for something funny to post as she can already see this going on the boards
    T: Well, these aren't our money orders. You'd need to go to where you got them to do that.
    BL: stares blankly
    T: ...let me double check with my manager... talks with a lady behind him, in which she says basically the same thing to him that he had been saying
    T: Yeah, you'd definitely need to take them back to where you bought them to change them at all, we can't do anything with them as they're not our money orders.
    BL: Uhm.. okay... blank look of doom with a side order of a frown
    T: Do you understand? clearly seeing she doesn't
    BL: No I don't. another blank look of doom and a small toss of the hands into the air in the manner of "I can't believe this"
    Me: really really trying not to laugh out loud at this, as the bank is very quiet and I don't want anyone to be embarrassed or pissed at me
    T: Just.. go to where you bought them, okay? We can't change them, they're not ours, go to where you first bought them and they might be able to do something with them. Okay? I can see the thought screaming in his head to get out of his window at this point
    BL: grabs the money orders and all but stomps out, still looking confused and slightly pissy
    Me: still trying not to laugh but can't help a very broad grin and a definite attempt to remember things to post about

I was very very surprised that she didn't start demanding they fix it since they're a bank and they have money and since it's a money order they can fix it!! I don't know whether to feel sorry that she didn't understand (didn't seem like she had any mental function impairment, drove her own self there, spoke perfect english) or feel sorry for the people she had to talk to next if they couldn't do anything either. I'll laugh either way, because the look on her face was priceless. The poor teller seemed like he was trying so hard not to talk to her like she was two.
    Confirmed altoholic.

Quoth ShadedWings View Post
    [I was very very surprised that she didn't start demanding they fix it since they're a bank and they have money and since it's a money order they can fix it!! I don't know whether to feel sorry that she didn't understand (didn't seem like she had any mental function impairment, drove her own self there, spoke perfect english) or feel sorry for the people she had to talk to next if they couldn't do anything either. I'll laugh either way, because the look on her face was priceless. The poor teller seemed like he was trying so hard not to talk to her like she was two.
    Guilty -- I've talked to SC's like they're two.

Can't help it, though -- when you talk to them like they're adults, and explain that they can't just 'get what they want', they don't understand that the universe doesn't work that way!

Been called rude, ignorant, and even stupid for 'talking down' to SC's. Sometimes, it's a good thing we don't do our primary jobs on the sales floor -- my co-worker would have to snatch the pedal wrench out of my hand before I split somebody's skull with it....

Comment

Quoth bigpedaler View Post
      Guilty -- I've talked to SC's like they're two.

Can't help it, though -- when you talk to them like they're adults, and explain that they can't just 'get what they want', they don't understand that the universe doesn't work that way!

Been called rude, ignorant, and even stupid for 'talking down' to SC's.
      I have that happen to me at least a couple times a week at my current job. I also get an error or two ever evaluation period for "being rude to the customer". They're all, universally, orders where the person was being a total asshat and I gave them the "Icy Phone-Voice of Doom" (curt, cold, abrupt, and highly enunciated) to avoid telling them exactly where they can shove their phone and hanging up on them.
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I get that here and there. They can call and get mad that they have late fee's. Well it is not our fault that you forgot to pay. We asked you if you wanted an invoice to be sent to you & you said no. If we waived the late fees for everyone that "forgot" to pay, then we would be out of business. We will waive them in the case of emergencies. Or, if you had your rent when it was due and never late before hand.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
        X