X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So apparently we are south of Mount Everest

... and no one told me.

So I'm taking a class on basic geology this semester. The professor had a picture up on the board of a mountain. Below the mountain is a clear blue lake and the entire mountain is clearly covered in snow.

Prof: Does anyone know what mountain this is? I'll give you a hint, its to the North by North West of us.

Student: Mount Everest

Prof: *looks at the student, the picture, the student again, the picture. blink blink* No I said to the north by north west.

Student:

Prof: Where is Mount Everest

Half the Class: In Asia.

Incidentally the picture was of Mt McKinley (Mt Denali) in Alaska.

wow, even I knew it was Mt McKinley before I read the last line of your post

Comment

And, from the sounds of it, taken from the Wonder Lake area. Planning on taking that same pic next year, so will have to show it when I do.

Oh, and for everybody else here: If you ever get the chance to go to Alaska, do so. You won't regret it.

Comment

if anyone is going up to alaska..... take lots of money, you'll need it

Comment

Quoth nomorecarts View Post
          if anyone is going up to alaska..... take lots of money, you'll need it
          And don't forget the pink-cammo pants and energy drinks to appease the 867ers.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
            And hats, lots of hats (preferably with a pimpjuice side order).
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

The photo was by Ansel Adams and is a fairly famous shot if you have seen it. I will see if I can find a link for it later when I am not at work

Oh, i also related this to a friend of mine and his reply, "I'm not sure what worries me more, the fact that someone said Mount Everest, or only half the class could tell him where Mount Everest is."

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                Quoth crazylegs View Post
                And hats, lots of hats (preferably with a pimpjuice side order).
                wrong side of the country, guys. 867 (aka Nunavut), is closer to Michigan, if you draw a vertical line on a map. The Yukon and NWT are pretty decent, though sparsely populated. We've a fairly large contingent of students in my residence from there, and it's like any other town/city. Just frigid.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                X