X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find Out BEFORE You Drive!

Had woman stop in a couple years ago.

She was looking for directions for the Minnesota Renaissance Festival.

Since it was two weeks before the Fest opened, I asked her if she worked there.

She looked surprised and said no, she and her husband were going to the first day of the fest.

I told her the Fest didn't start for another two weeks (it runs from the middle of August to the end of September).

Her eyes got really big, and she protested that she had "heard" that it ran all through August and September.

I pulled out a pamphlet and showed her the dates. Her eyes got even bigger. "But we drove in from Green Bay for this!" She had driven about six hours. At this point she pulled the tickets from her purse, and READ THE DATES ON HER TICKETS.

I told her, "Sorry ma'am, you're about two weeks early."

She left the store, defeated, looking at her tickets. I felt bad, twelve hours driving, there and back, just to see a truck stop in the southern metro Twin Cities area is kind of harsh. But how do you not read the ticket?
    I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Hey, she might have had the right idea. At the rate she was going (no directions, etc.) it may have taken her another 2 weeks to get there!

Comment

Oh wow I wonder if she came back. And if she did, was it during the week?

(*random note* MN's Ren fest = best evah.)
      Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

My wife and I are big fans of PA's ren faire. And this year we have free tickets.
        Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

Speaking of not reading tickets...

Last year a friend and I were going to Dragon*con to work for a startup company. All the details were arranged very quickly. We had our boarding passes, got up at the crack of dawn, and her father gave us a lift to the airport. We arrived at 6am. We were good and early!

We were a good 24 hours early. Somehow one of us had gotten the day of departure wrong, the other hadn't caught the mistake, and both our eyes completely glossed over the info printed right on the ticket.

Fortunately, her dad was only a couple of minutes out and easily swung back to get us. We saw a movie and had the day to get some stuff done, and repeated the trip the next morning with no ill effects.

But wow we felt dumb.
          My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Considering all of the road construction going on in Wisconsin right now, I wouldn't have been at all surprised if it took her two weeks to get from Green Bay to Minnesota.

Comment

Working...
            X