X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Online Sighting

http://astrology.yahoo.com/channel/f...aurant-243973/

There are a few good points in this, but I do find much of it to be from someone with entitlement issues. Bit of a lengthy read.

I am like 110% sure the idiot who wrote that was this troll who used to darken the server forums I used to frequent.

The CAPS for emphasis and the cutsie pooh quotes around everything give it all away.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The following is the reply I left on that little gem:

How a patron can get above noted service:

Tip at least 200%.

That's the minimum I would want if I had to endure one millisecond of your entitlement issues. Better yet, use that room in your kitchen designed to prepare meals, and follow your own steps above and serve your own sorry butt.

Get over yourself, and maybe preach about something that you know. Maybe pedicures and nail polish?
      Windows Operating System is an oxymoron."

Oh, You want instant Gratification? Go f*ck yourself then!
      I found the problem. /dev/clue was linked to /dev/null

Comment

Haha, I'd like to think these people don't realise how they come across, but the writer seems almost proud of the "read my mind....no, not now....NOW!" attitude.

Comment

I wrote a big ol' response, commenting each item on her list.

For convenience sake, a link to page 25 of the comments where said post is: http://astrology.yahoo.com/channel/f...pg=25#comments
          Last edited by otakuneko; 08-29-2008, 11:27 PM.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

*Wants to strangle that person*

Must....have....CLUE BY FOUR!

*Starts to foam at the mouth*

*Spits out toothpaste*

What IS this person thinking?
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

... you assume there was sentient thought involved in writing that?....

Comment

wow. Just wow. seems like someone just needs something to do, so they wrote this long blog that is blatantly ignorant, just so they could yell at people with the wondourous anynomity of the intertubes.

So, so sad.
                We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

I recognize who that is and she's 100%, USDA batshit crazy.

I have absolutely no doubt that she's walking proof that a person can consume huge amounts of waiter spit and God-only-knows-what-else, every time she eats in a restaurant, and not die from it.

Comment

Oh hey, HER.
                    Yeah, I've seen her about more than once.
                    She's honestly just a troll, much like 'Terri Tickle' once was. You poke at her a few times, point and laugh, and then just ignore.
                    Shoot, I think she was on USENET with that crap at one point.

Comment

Of course I had to respond. You know me.

"asprings131,

You admitted you never actually worked as a waitron. Comparing what you did to what a waitron does is like comparing a nurse to a doctor. You have the knowledge and training to pass instruments, but you've never actually performed surgery.

You have many good points, but your litany sounds as though you expect everyone to have the exact same wants and desires as you, and every restaurant, no matter the level of food and service, to operate in the same way.

You need to show some common courtesy to the waitstaff. If they bring water, take the five seconds to tell them you don't want it. If it has lemon, but you want it without, ask the waitron or busboy to exchange it for water without the lemon.

Many restaurants only allow certain employees to actually use the registers and card machines, so a waitron may have to wait for the hostess or manager to cash out your check.

A wrong entree or an overcharge is NOT a major mistake as long as it is addressed and corrected quickly. Why do you want a manager every time? So you can complain about the employee?

How do you know that your request for a check was the next thing on the list? The waitron may have been in the middle of making a sweep of their tables when you asked for your check. The sweep needs to be completed, other people need service, too. You can wait a few minutes. You weren't in a hurry while you were eating, so, unless you've just gotten an emergency call, you can wait a couple more minutes for the check.

The waiter should never have kept the change. There is, however, nothing wrong with the waitron asking, "Do you want change?" or "Will there be change?" instead of bringing it back to you. It's a common way to save both the waitron's and the customer's time. This is something you should remember since you seem to be in such a hurry to leave quickly.

I hope you at least use "Please" and "Thank you," to the waitstaff who've served you over the years. If you haven't, then you have utterly failed."

Then, I couldn't resist adding:

"asprings131,

I have a feeling you've swallowed a lot of bodily fluids from the restaurant staff where you eat."
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Dear God! Somewhere out in the great wilds, there is a village missing its idiot....

btw- great post, asprings131!
                        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Ah, the Internet, where you are guaranteed to find someone with time on their hands willing to tell you how to do your job. Isn't technology grand?

Rapscallion

Comment

Sad thing is, there's probably some restaurant owner/manager somewhere printing up that laundry list of complaints to distribute to the waitstaff, thinking they're "good points" that all his/her servers should follow.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I think I waited on this harpy once when I worked at IHOP...and I think my brother (a cook there at the time) spit in her OMG CUSTOM HAZ TO BE RITE OR ELZZZE! omelette when he saw how frustrated I was.

Aw man. Awww man. She wants to talk about assuming, never assume that restaurant workers won't band together to fight a common disease.
                              Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Working...
                              X