This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Till Magical Cash Dispenser

Yes I know my title makes no sense, but it's meant to be a minor pun.

OK, as nearly any supermarket/department store person will know, every now and then you're required to clear your drawer of highest denomination bills so that in the event of a robbery the store doesn't lose too much (it also cleans out the drawer). Anyway, one night I did it-RIIIIGHT in front of 3-4 customers.

All four of them wanted cash out in the $100-$200 range (Australian). I only had 4 50's in my drawer and 1 20. What do I look like, an ATM?!

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
    Yes I know my title makes no sense, but it's meant to be a minor pun.
    I'm not sure what pun you were going for, but to me it seemed like a parody of almost every "magical girl" anime title. Am I right, and if so may I have a cookie?

Comment

I think she meant ATM cash dispensor and that's where the Automatic Till Magical came from. Though I like the idea of involving anime. Everything should involve magical girls, shining knights or giant mecha robots.

What?
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Today I wanted to put a sign up that says "Do I look like an ATM?" on my till.

I had 6 customers ask me for cash out in the $100-$200 range. This was within 5 minutes of the store opening and my float was short. To top it off, one bitch actually had the balls to say that we should provide it for her anyway. Not my fault she chose to use me as an ATM haha.

And as far as both of you go, baindshe was right, but SnarkyPie can still have a cookie *hands Snarky a cookie* :P It was originally going to be Automatic Till=Magical Cash Dispenser, but I was in a rush.

Comment

God I used to work at a gas station and we weren't allowed to have more than $70 in the till total, this includes $1 and $2 coins (loonies and toonies for the Canadians :P). No $20's were allowed in the till, and maybe one or two $10 bills. I used to get Cab drivers stopping by asking me to break $100's, I had 3 come in one hour one night, the last one got told "seriously, does this look like a bank? " Customers always bitched about me not being able to break a $100, and their line of reasoning was "but this is a gas station, you're supposed to be able to do that!" the company's reasoning was the opposite, ie less money so we're a less tempting robbery target.
          “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

Maybe we should stick big signs at the entrance, every checkout etc.

"WE ARE NOT BANKS!!!!"

Seriously, if you want to do free withdrawals, sign up for a Visa Debit account!

Comment

I had a guy come in and he wanted to switch 20s for hundred dollar bills( about 800 dollars worth)
              I knew the guy and am certain there was no fake money or trickery involved but how stupid would it be for me to show anyone that I had access to that much money and also to let anyone see were i went to get it

go to the bank people

Comment

Working...
              X