X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking right at it

Customer staring at the ATM: "Where's your ATM? Oh wait I'm an idiot."

That reminds me of the time I was shopping with my mother years ago. We needed to get batteries. We went down the isle that had them. Stopped and looked at the batteries, put them back down and got in line. On the way home, we both realized that we had the batteries in our hands and we talked about them all the while in the store. But we had put them down. And to top it off, they were the size that we needed
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I used to have customers stand directly in front of a giant rack of batteries (the thing was 4 feet high, and about the same length) and guess what they'd ask? yep, "where are the batteries" I usually just told them to turn around.
      “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

I've done that...asking about a specific spice when I'm staring straight at it.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I misplaced my car keys once and they were in my hand the whole time I was frantically looking for them.
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Just today a guy asked me where the bathroom was.

While standing in front of the well marked Men's Room door. I told him "It's right in front of you." He looked like he did a mental and went in.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
              I misplaced my car keys once and they were in my hand the whole time I was frantically looking for them.
              I've done that, too. But I didn't get frantic.

Except for the time I was finishing my shift and went to put my rings and watch back on. Couldn't find them. Starting freaking out.

Looked down at my hands and there they were.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post
                I usually tell the clerk that I'm sure I walked right past it, and could they please tell me where whatever I'm looking for is. At least it clears up any confusion that they might have about whether I'm the sort of idiot that could be standing right in front of something and still not see it.
                I do this quite frequently. I have a tendency to walk up & down an aisle 3 or 4 times that I know damn well the item is in, but I just can't seem to find it. I then grab the nearest friendly-looking employee that I see and apologise profusely. Most of them seem to find it quite amusing, & a few of them have even started walking in my direction & asking what I'm after when I've made the 2nd pass through the aisle!
                Last edited by greek_jester; 09-03-2008, 07:48 PM.
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I can always find something for someone else.

Looking for bf watch under a pile of boxes in a dark corner, found.

Looking for my keys on the desk beside me, lost.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                    Customer staring at the ATM: "Where's your ATM? Oh wait I'm an idiot."
                    I once asked a store associate in the mall where I could find an ATM. This is the basic conversation:

Me: Bows
                    A: Associate

Me: Excuse me, do you know where I can find an ATM?
                    A: What?
                    Me: An ATM? Where can I find one?
                    A: (Looks confused, shakes head). What are you looking for?
                    Me: An ATM...a cash machine?
                    A: (blank stare, shakes head again). What is that?
                    Me: (blinks) An ATM? You know, a cash machine, a debit card machine. I can withdraw money from my checking account using my debit card?
                    A: (stares)
                    Me: (stares back)
                    A: Um, maybe you can go to the bank? It's 3 stores down that way...

Now this was my first time visiting Little Rock. Perplexed as I was, I thought maybe it was a regional difference and people didn't call it an ATM there. I go to the bank, hesitantly ask if they had an ATM and was convinced I'd hit another round of confusion.

Bank Associate: Oh sure, the ATM is just down that way (points)
                    Me: Um...do you call it an ATM machine here or do you call it something else?
                    Bank Associate: (Looks a little confused and laughs) No, we call it an ATM machine.
                    Me: Thanks
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                    X