This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot what to say

Today, everytime I answered the phone, I forgot what the scripted was. Instead of Hell thank you for calling Business name, I would say Hello - This is James or Hey or Hi. Then the last call of the day, I said my scripted.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

That goes along w/ answering your personal phone w/ your company's script.

"Hi, thank you for calling *company*, this is *name*"

Uuhh... wait... the furniture in this room looks like the furniture at my house.

D'oh.
    I work at Walgreens.

(I'm just tired of mentioning it every time I want to relate to a story. )

Comment

Quoth IEatCustomers4Breakfast View Post
      That goes along w/ answering your personal phone w/ your company's script.

"Hi, thank you for calling *company*, this is *name*"

Uuhh... wait... the furniture in this room looks like the furniture at my house.

D'oh.
      I've done that before. What's worse is when you work to jobs and switch them, confuses the hell outta people.
      Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

Along the same lines, I had worked for one grocery store for 5 years. A couple years later, in between full time jobs, I took a part time position bagging for a different store.

Due to my experience (re: I wasn't a high schooler more worried about a cell phone call then working) they let me do a bunch of FES duties when things were busy or we were short handed (every day).

One of those was the closing announcemnt. The first time I did it, it went perfect except for then end "...thank you for shopping at your *city* *other grocery store*"

Whoops.

Comment

I answered the phone at work yesterday with a quick "Yeah?" It was my boss, and she just chuckled and said, "How did you know it was just me?"

A few weeks ago, I had taken more phone calls at work than normal. So when I got home and the phone rang, I answered with my work greeting: "Good afternoon, Wine Company, Boozy speaking." It was my husband, who said "Oh! I must have mis-dialed and called you at work by accident. Good thing, because you wouldn't have been at home if I'd called there!" I didn't bother correcting him.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

What's really fun is when you're working more than one job at a time (work one job, take a break, go to another job in the same day) and you are the primary phone person at both. Sometimes when the phone rang at home, I didn't know WHAT to say!
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Oh when I was working at both the call center and the hotel at the same time I'd use the script for the call center at the hotel...

really awkward "Reservation desk, this is smileyeagle speaking, may I ask with whom I'm speaking?" and have people say "oh, I was trying to reach the front desk"...
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Having worked retail for years and having it drummed into me that your greeting will include

A salutation
                Your location
                Your name
                A 'How can I help'

I get really odd comments when people finally get chance to put a word in edgeways! The usual greeting appears to be Location! Name (which is quite odd to listen to...)
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Hehe. I've done the thing where I worked two jobs and answered the phone for the one job with the other job's greeting.
                  I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I can't believe I am going to admit this. But I was working an evening (aka swing) shift at the hotel with a coworker name Alicia. Don't ask me how this happened, but I had been speaking with her & I answered the phone, "*hotel name*, this is Alicia." She about died laughing. I was more confused how that happened.
                    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

One time at work, I was on Drive Thru headset and I almost said "Welcome to Mexico. How may I help you?"

Do not even ask,
                      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

For some reason, I ALWAYS get the urge to say "Thank you for calling University of..." I have no idea why. I even did it once by mistake. I have never worked at a university, and our name sounds nothing like a university. I just want to say it soooo bad...

Comment

In high school we had caller ID (new back then!) so on familiar numbers, I'd answer "Thank you for calling Anderson Mortuary, you stab 'em, we slab 'em. We also do deliveries! How may I help you?"

I have also answered like this: "You've reached Hell, Satan's Secretary speaking." And "You've reached the Ninth Level of Hell, Satan speaking." and sometimes even "Thank you for calling Hell. Satan's not in, I'm God."

"FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                          ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

My best friend worked for Gallup, doing surveys. For months, every time I'd talked to her on the phone, when I said goodbye, she'd say "Thank you, and have a nice evening" before she hung up. It was totally weird.

Comment

Working...
                            X