This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How effing hard is it to pump petrol?

This woman came into the petrol station and totally failed. First, she parked too far away from the pump for the hose to reach and ended up spilling a load of petrol on the ground. Then, when the deputy manager went out and showed the woman how to do it, she ended up doing it all for the customer as she was too dim to understand simple instructions and ended up spilling more petrol. -.- She finally came in to pay and bitched the whole time about the lack of instructions on the pumps.

We do have instructions, but obviously they're not written in stupidese. She ended her rant by saying that she was going to have her husband fill up the car from now on; heaven help this lady if she's widowed or divorced. O.o Before anyone asks, yes, I did go and dump a load of sand on the spillage. Both pumps in consequence ended up looking like a sandpit cuz of the amount of petrol spilled. -.-
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

So, how did she get her licence again?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post

Rapscallion
      Unless things work lots different there, fueling a vehicle is not part of the testing procedure for getting a driver's license. Perhaps it should be. Besides, how do we know this lovely lady had one? Oh, wait, right, because NO ONE would ever dare drive without a license. That would be wrong.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Rapscallion
        "What, another breathalyser...?"
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
          "What, another breathalyser...?"
          O_O

...gutterbrain.
          My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
            O_O

...gutterbrain.
            *takes a bow*
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I guess it's different over there.

Here in the states, in New Jersey and Oregon, it's illegal to pump your own gas.

I have fun seeing NJers going out of state. (My fiance has gotten the hang of it, though...)
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Rapscallion
                Backhander? O_o
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  Handjob? O_o
                  Edited for likely accuracy.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    I guess it's different over there.

Here in the states, in New Jersey and Oregon, it's illegal to pump your own gas.

I have fun seeing NJers going out of state. (My fiance has gotten the hang of it, though...)

You can now pump your own gas in Oregon if you are riding a motorcycle. Something about gasoline and paint jobs...

But honestly, I'm 24 and pumped my own gas for the first time about six months ago on a trip to California. Pump gave me good instructions, and I didn't spill anything. Yay me!
                    Expect great things, but you'll get what you get.

PossJB

Comment

driving through NJ was not fun. my husband was irrationally upset that they wouldn't let him pump his own fuel.
                      Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

Quoth Foxglove8778 View Post
                        driving through NJ was not fun. my husband was irrationally upset that they wouldn't let him pump his own fuel.
                        I don't blame him... I hate pulling into a gas station and having to wait for an attendant, so much quicker just to do it myself... but then again, I'm a control freak when it comes to my car.
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth PossJB View Post
                          You can now pump your own gas in Oregon if you are riding a motorcycle. Something about gasoline and paint jobs...
                          From what I heard, it was a bike with a custom paint job (worth more than my car) on the tank, and the attendant scratched it with the nozzle. Bike owner sued and won over the damage, and gas stations wanted to be able to avoid the risk in future (neglecting the simple solution of "we won't sell you fuel if your bike has a custom paint job on the tank").

Also, in both states it's legal to pump your own diesel - lobbying by truck stops that didn't want to hire large numbers of attendants.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            (neglecting the simple solution of "we won't sell you fuel if your bike has a custom paint job on the tank").
                            How's that simple? How's the motercyclist supposed to get fuel then? Carry around a jerry can, and then get that filled, then pour it in? No, the simple solution is prominent signage pronoucing "Not liable for damage to vehicle from normal operations." Using the nozzle to put gas in the tank is normal operations, and still means someone can't go nuts and do damage.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Foxglove8778 View Post
                              my husband was irrationally upset that they wouldn't let him pump his own fuel.
                              Tell your husband that if it makes him feel any better, many's the time when I told the man of the household that I could've pumped gas, cleaned the windows AND checked the oil, and we'd be done, in the amount of time we waited for someone to show up to pump the gas for us.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X