This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For cell phoneaholics haters.

Today I watched something priceless. I was entering a local huge (and horrid, people full) mall because it's got the only open branch of a bank and I had to cash a check. Anyhow this place has a parking lot entrance to the right of the only giant main door, and in front of the main door a little porch where a taxi line that deals with the mall parks to pick up passengers.

To avoid abuse, the porch for the taxies has an automatic barrier, to which the drivers enter a small code and it opens to let them pass.

I was walking in and thinking about the barrier, for some reason today it called my attention. Well a taxi comes in, and it opens the barrier and enters, a guy is going out on the same route, while glued to a phone and talking while walking. He must've seen the barrier pitch up from his position, I'm sure, but his phone-addled brain musnt've realized that all goes up, must come down.

Well what I tought was going to happen, happened the barrier came down just as the guy was walking under it. I tought it'd hit him on the top of his head, but it was too quick and slapped the guy's face.

I almost rolled on the floor laughing.

Edit:
    The guy wasn't really injured. It's a small hollow aluminum barrier. No blood or marks at all from where I stood. It was just too funny.
    I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Oh Oh!

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

<WHACK>

YES!
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Can you hear me now?...Good.

Can you hear me now?...THWACK!
      Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

I love it when cellphoneaholics get that. A few months ago, I was driving back from Michigan State helping a friend move into her dorm. In front of me, is a guy who is weaving here and there on a road that has a huge drop that you'd see in construction on freeways. My friend and I notice that he is on his phone and not paying attention at all, and we started guessing how long until he would fall into that construction area but he didn't go in. He was so close though but he was good entertainment for the long drive we had.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
        X