This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ya think?

so my state cuts almost everyone in the state(you have to live here a year and can't be a felon or on probation) a check every year. this year it is the highest ever, over $3200

today the first batch of direct deposits came out, meaning a 9 figure number of dollars was instantly pumped into the pockets of people who live near my store. I had a couple geniuses tell me "wow I picked the wrong day to shop". ya think? the Friday that 9 digits is pumped into our economy is not a good time to visit a big box retailer that does 9 digits in sales every year? probably $600k today? we had TVs flying off the shelves, blu ray players, you name it, I had 3 transactions in 4 hours top $1000 and most were in the $300-600 range when I was on a belted register(I moved to a secondary register later so the orders were smaller). we also had every register trained associate in the store on register for extended periods of time, do you expect anything other than the product on the shelves and you having to find it yourself unless you're in electronics or sporting goods? come back next weekend if you want service, we'll probably do over 1.5mil this weekend, we're struggling to get it on the shelves and not make you wait in line for half an hour

Working in that same state, I was actually surprised our day wasn't busier. It was par for the course, a normal Friday. And the only tell-tale signs of the pfd was the line of people wrapped around the bank's entrance from the start of my shift to the close.

Today, it should be pretty hellish.

Comment

Quoth nomorecarts View Post
      so my state cuts almost everyone in the state(you have to live here a year and can't be a felon or on probation) a check every year. this year it is the highest ever, over $3200
      ALMOST makes me want to move to Alaska.

<Primer considers her S.A.D....>

Naaahhhh...couldn't survive without the sunlight in the winter.
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post

yeah, almost makes me want to move too, but for me I wouldn't mind the darkness (night owl here)... the cold though would kill me.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Personally I have much more trouble with heat. I could never live in Florida or California, for example (even if I wanted to live in the USA, which I don't).

But then, I already live in Finland. I know that for cold weather, all you have to do is wear enough clothes of the right kind, and you're comfortable again. Oh, and watch your step, it might be slippery in places.

Comment

I wish I was still a resident, but I was going SO bonkers with the dark, I had to leave.

My sister told me she's gonna get a new washer/dryer. And the rest of the money's going to pay some bills.
            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post

the thing that messes me up is the heat and light in the summer. 20 below? that's perfectly fine. never seeing the sun? I'm happier without it, but heat and light messes me up

related stories

I went to Carl's Jr, and they had signs up saying they were closing early, at 10, and we get up to the speaker for the drive thru after waiting about 10 mins at 9:50 to be told "we're not taking any more orders". nothing more. there were about 5 cars behind us too, they should have sent someone out to tell people

so then we went to Taco Bell, and waited about another 10 mins, then the guy in the car in front of us tells us they're saying it's a 30 minute wait, so he's leaving, and we did too. I swear, every manager in this town is retarded, if anyone were to actually give out the overtime to keep lines down they could run PFD time smoothly. this is the 2nd busiest weekend of the year for us, it's OK to spend a little more on payroll so the entire store isn't completely screwed within 24 hours of the deposits hitting the banks with lines 6 deep the whole weekend

I had a customer today come through with 182 items, $850, paid in cash. yesterday we were so busy I had my supervisor take the big bills from the self check paystation I was on

Comment

Working...
              X