This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't afford it so I'll complain about it

A lady brings up two of these desk tops with the beanbags attached to them. They're apart of the ever dwindling school sale that's now being weeded out to make room for the Halloween Sale.

Me
    DL: Desk Lady (I'll leave it to you to decide if she was sucky or not)

DL: How much are these?
    I do a price check and they're 6.49. The original price is 12.49. I tell her this.

DL: That's 50 percent off?

Me: Yeah, it's a pretty good deal.
    DL: Oh no. I'm not paying that much, no. There are scratches all over it so it's damaged, that's just too expensive.

She pays for the rest of her stuff which totals out to less than ten dollars, and adds on a pack of cigarettes. Then she pulls out a little plastic bag with about seven dollars in cash and a ton of change.

So the only thing I can figure is that she couldn't afford the desks to begin with and instead of just admitting she didn't have enough cash on her she "found" a few scratches and decided to make it our fault.

Well, it's close to 50% off... but not quite. It'd be close enough for hand grenades, though.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
      A lady brings up two of these desk tops with the beanbags attached to them.
      What is a "desk top" with beanbags?

Comment

Its bascially a lap desk. A hard piece of wood or plastic, with soft stuff on the bottom, so you can rest it on your lap, and write, etc.

Comment

Oh they rock. Awesome stuff for loooooooooooooooong chat sessions in a comfy chair with a laptop.

I love it when people are getting a huge discount on things, and then complain because they want more of a discount. Didn't you know that in SC land everything is free?
          "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

I want one of those! 6.49 sounds like a deal to me!
            Yeah, seriously. No matter how low the price, no matter how much percent off, there will always be the ones who will bitch and complain. Especially with coupons. No, you can't use 15 coupons. End of story.
            "Let our mercy as deep as the Feitas and our authority as powerful as the Sun be revealed to the entire world."

Comment

I guess its better that she didnt buy them, then return them

I had that happen more times than I could count at the craft store, the worst was a total douche that his dye was $15 a box even though I explained that it would dye a hell of a lot and he had 6 curtains that he wanted to dye

he brought two boxes of it

then 20 minutes later returned both boxes claiming his friend found something better

I could totally tell he just didnt want to spend $30 on dye and fair enough to
              but seriously the amount of paperwork we had to do for a return (which arnt common in NZ because a store doesnt legally have to give you your money back) was sick and all had to be done by hand (then put into the computer)
              Then a managers approval... the guy ended up waiting 30 minutes because it was so busy and our computer decided to crash in the middle of the transaction....
              He could have saved himself a lot of bother if he had just said $15 no way and walked off.
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Meh, she probably had enough money, but was one of those "it's not cheap enough" people. The ones who think clearence automatically equals.. 75% off or more.

Like the woman who brought up the item from OUR clearence section yesterday, that was marked....9.00. She wanted to know how much it was. It was...get this.... 9.00!

It wasn't "clearence enough" for her.

Blarg.
                you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

If the price is right and the condition of the product is nice...I'LL TAKE IT!!! Believe me I'll be happy! I like to get my money's worth, but I'm not gonna bitch and moan about it unless the product turns out to be a complete POS.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                  X