This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• key pin, press enter

is it really that complicated that when you slide your debit card and the pin pad says "key pin, press enter" that you need you key your pin, then press enter?

G:genius
    me:

G:it says key pin, press enter, but there's nothing there
    me:*looks at pin pad*it needs you to key it on the buttons then hit enter(kinda vague, I suck at directions)
    G:there's nothing there
    me:*touching the buttons*it needs you to key your pin here and hit enter
    G:there's nothing on the screen
    me:*mental facepalm* just key it on these numbers and hit enter*points at numbers again*
    G: oh, you don't have to say it a million times, just 45... I was expecting something to come up on the screen,(wait for it) they're all different

I hope she never ends up in the store when the doors stop working, she won't be able to figure out what "In case of emergency push open" means

People can't figure that out on our doors. You have to wave your hand in front of a plate to make them open from the inside, but they have the emergency "push here" handle. People *always* walk up to the door, stand there, then push on the handle and are surprised the sliding door didn't open.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth nomorecarts View Post
      (wait for it) they're all different
      In customers' defense, some systems do differ slightly.

If I want to use my Debit Card as a Credit, then the process changes.
      There is no need to enter my PIN, and this is where the machines differ.

I have been to places that, in order to use your Debit Card as a Credit:
      1. require you to press "Enter" after swiping
      2. require you to press "Cancel" after swiping
      3. require you to press "Credit" before swiping (yet still require either step 1 or 2 after the swipe)

Some of them do have different prompts as well, so if you aren't paying attention you can miss something... or you could be expecting an altogether different prompt.

Now, if this guy couldn't figure out how to enter his PIN.... well, it wouldn't matter how different the machines were, they all have keypads to enter your PIN.
      "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

DevilBoy, it was just not being able to figure out where to enter the PIN. if they were running debit as credit that's one thing, the machine doesn't tell you how to do that, but everything else it has quite simple instructions

You get there and it says "please slide card quickly" then you slide it and if it's credit it says "please ask cashier to press credit key" then after I finish the transaction and hit the key it has them sign.

If it's debit it says "key PIN, press enter", then after you do that it asks if you want cash back

If they want to run debit as credit they ask us and we tell them they hit cancel then credit

none of these scenarios are complicated

Comment

Wait until you get the ones that ask what "key" means.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

hopefully I'll be transferred by then. I don't intend to be a cashier much longer

Comment

The grocery store I shop at recently reprogrammed their debit card readers. They cited customer complaints about the layout being bad, before. So now they're getting complaints about the new layout being worse.

The issue that gives me problems...the touchscreen option that used to indicate "no cash back" is now "$20". After the machines had been the old way for literally ten years.

Comment

Quoth nomorecarts View Post
                G: oh, you don't have to say it a million times, just 45...
                I giggled at that.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  People can't figure that out on our doors. You have to wave your hand in front of a plate to make them open from the inside, but they have the emergency "push here" handle. People *always* walk up to the door, stand there, then push on the handle and are surprised the sliding door didn't open.
                  Used to have a coworker do that. When we closed up for the night, and the FDLP was called up to clock out, he'd switch off the automatic sliding doors, so they'd have to be pulled open manually in order for you to exit.

This idiot ALWAYS pushed on the "press here for emergencies" bar to exit, pushing the doors open outward instead of along their tracks. Requiring the FDLP to pull them back shut and reset the damn thing. One night I'd switched it off and was still up there (awaiting the call to clock out) and Idiot McTard walks up to leave.

"Just pull them apart, man."
                  "Okay."

And he PUSHES the doors open anyway.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

In a slight defense of the customer---sometimes they are all different. I frequent three stores for my grocery shopping and each of there keypads are different. Now I do think this said customer seemed a little too hopeless but I have had my Duh moments when dealing with them also and I used to be a cashier. It used to be one of my peeves working as a cashier but now that I don't see and interact with them every day my retention of how to work them is marginally less that it should be. xD

Comment

Working...
                    X