This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Twist on "Do you work here?"

I was helping a customer pick a paper shredder when another woman approached us. I was in my full uniform with the shirt that says "STAPLES" and had my nametag on. I was turned so the approaching woman could see all this.

So, rather than ask me for help, she touched my customer on the elbow and said "Excuse me? Could I ask you where something is?"

My customer was wearing a white shirt, tan pants, and reddish shoes. In other words, nothing even approaching the attire of a Staples associate. Plus, I was right there. And she decided that it was the customer who was really the employee.

Anyway, the shredder customer took it in stride and said "Oh, you can borrow him for a minute."
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Are we starting a new "Dave for rent" program? You must let us know if it is a rent to own or simply a loaner.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

You know, from now on, whenever someone asks me if I work there I'll just answer "No. They just pay me to show up. If they want work done, they have to give me a raise."
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Oh Daaaaaaaaavveee.... can I rent you?
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          Oh Daaaaaaaaavveee.... can I rent you?
          Yes, but I charge extra to bring the DeLorean.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Heeeeey no fair. I asked first. Evil Queen, we can share.
            "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

OMG!

I think I saw somebody do the same thing yesterday!

I saw these two older ladies perusing some stuff in one of the aisles, and there was a guy kinda following after them and asking them "Excuse me...excuse me...do you know where something is?"

Yes, it was Senior Day yesterday. Why do you ask?
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth SilverOrb View Post
                Heeeeey no fair. I asked first. Evil Queen, we can share.
                No need to fight. There's plenty of me to go around.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                  Yes, but I charge extra to bring the DeLorean.
                  That's okay, I'm sure my neighbor down the street will let you drive his.

Hey SilverOrb, I'll share.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

We'll divvy him up... Let's take turn on weeks... Poor Dave, doesn't know what he's in for.

On a "side" note: I had someone try to follow my mother around the store yesterday, kept saying "ma'am" repeatedly. My mother ignored him... A store worker had to stop him. Wonder if he thought she worked there?

Comment

Dave - do you come with an EPP?? And if so, for how long? Is it back to base? And upgrades... what can I get? And I've heard things about the 1982 model - do you have something more recent??

When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Dave, while you're in Texas working for EQ, you're really not all that far from me, and I have some things that need to be done.... DH just had his back surgery and isn't quite up and around yet....
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                          That's okay, I'm sure my neighbor down the street will let you drive his.

Hey SilverOrb, I'll share.
                          Quoth SilverOrb View Post
                          We'll divvy him up... Let's take turn on weeks... Poor Dave, doesn't know what he's in for.

On a "side" note: I had someone try to follow my mother around the store yesterday, kept saying "ma'am" repeatedly. My mother ignored him... A store worker had to stop him. Wonder if he thought she worked there?
                          Quoth Slytovhand View Post
                          Dave - do you come with an EPP?? And if so, for how long? Is it back to base? And upgrades... what can I get? And I've heard things about the 1982 model - do you have something more recent??

Well.....at least I can keep busy once I leave the hellhole that is my current job!!!!

And yes, any heath insurance provider would live to sell you an EPP on me.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

You know those EEP's are always a waste of money. Besides, I'm American.... We use up a resourse, then throw it away and get a new one.

Comment

Working...
                            X