This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart beeyotch

Hubby bought a pair of khakies at Walmart. The next day he was telling boss he found a cheap pair of pants and boss said that he couldn't have cargo or the color wasn't allowed or whatever it was - I truly don't remember.

All I know was that they weren't worn, had the tags on and hubby still had the receipt. They were even still in the same bag they were in when purchased. He told me yesterday he went to exchange them. As he was standing in the very long return/exchange line, he read over the return policy to pass the time. 90 days with your receipt.

He bought them 26 days ago. He couldn't return them any sooner b/c he works over 60 hours a week. He comes home stressed, mentally & physically exhausted and sometimes close to breakdown. So he returned them as soon as possible with the intention of just exchanging, and he was WELL within the return period.

He came home yesterday fuming and told me the girl behind the counter gave him a hard time b/c he was returning the pants almost 30 days after he bought them. He pointed to the huge return policy sign behind the counter and said sheepishly, I'm sorry - but I work over 60 hours a week. I tried but I'm still within the 90 days. I work retail too so I know returns suck and...

and the girl cut him off with the "hand up the the face" gesture and simply said "Yeah, sure, ...What-EVER."

Now, my husband is not a big burly man, but when that Italian Aries gets pissed - bomb shelters will not hide you from his fury.

Of course, he said nothing to the girl or to a manager - he came home and started bitching at me like it was MY fault. Men...hehe.

Anyone else ever encounter something like that? What makes me mad is that people like that are the reasons customer service workers get such a bad name and are looked down upon.
    If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Uh, he didn't go off on her? I would have ripped her (along with the manager) a new one! I'm usually pretty calm when shopping, however, if you piss me off...I *will* find a way to get even
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

"Of course, he said nothing to the girl or to a manager"

Why not!? That was outrageous!

Comment

I would have taken the pants back. I think that one of the ladies I work with, however, takes great joy in telling people no, and will argue with someone about policy that is posted right there, even when the customer points it out to her. I just don't get it. *shrugs*

Comment

You husband should NOT have, for all intents and purposes, taken it out on you. He was there, he should've asked for a manager, to discuss the sucktacular employee and her lack of knowledge about the return policy.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

the girl cut him off with the "hand up the the face" gesture and simply said "Yeah, sure, ...What-EVER."

Me: "Excuse me, take your hand away from my face and get me a manager this instant. Your behavior uncalled for.
            She had no right to be so obviously rude and obnoxious to your husband. I would have gotten her fired on the spot. Harsh, I know, but she needs to find a less people-related job if that is how she behaves to customers.
            Last edited by Ree; 10-07-2006, 01:42 AM. Reason: fixing quote tags

Comment

Wait a minute the return policy was 90 days and he did return within that period but they still wouldn't let him do it. Not mention there was a sign that says and the girl gave him an attidute about it. I mean he should gotten the manager and talked to them about it becuase the employee wouldn't let him do it in the first place. I would call up the store and see if you could still return them if possible not mention what happen.
              Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
              My space
              Facebook

Comment

I defineatly would have called for management, especially in this case.
                Strangely where I live, there is about a 25 minutes ride between two Wal-marts, and the difference between these two stores, which are both Wal-Mart is amazing.

In one case, an employee, which is a friend of mine and works for this one closest to me, happens to live nearer the other one, so on her days off, she shopped there.

Even though she herself was an employee, the way they treated her was downright bull. She bought her son a pair of shoes, he wasn't with her, and they didn't fit, so she returned them to the store with the reciept. They tried claiming that they didn't sell those shoes there..even though on the reciept is the store number. She went to the shoe dept. Got another pair and slapped them down in front of the woman at the desk.

Now I'll give her this, she is alittle quieter then I am..me, I would have about slapped the woman over the head with those shoes and had management over there..there is no call to treat customers this way, especially when one has the reciept to prove said purchase and they are within the policy rights.

Years ago, when Walton died, the store itself started changing, but they had a huge sign that said Satisfaction guarenteed or your money back..this sign was BIG..a friend went to return a purchase, actually, he was going to settle for an exchange when they tried wiggiling out of it. I kept quiet till he looked at me for help..at the end, management refunded his money and apologized..those signs sure did come in handy..

Comment

I would also, have gotten her fired.

Once my dad got a shirt from there, and a it didn't fit. So about 4 days later, he took it back, and the woman started in saying that the store never sold that brand of shirts, and that he was trying to scam them. It still had the tags on. So I went over and grabbed the next size up for him, in the same color. Well anyway, the woman started in on me. So I just grabbed a manager, and told him everything. He took care of it. My dad called the walmart number, told him about everything that happen. They sent him a $100 gift card, that he had used on himself.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Wow, I'm surprised. I've never had a problem returning things at Wal-Mart before- even without a receipt.
                    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

definitely a 'can i speak to someone who KNOWS what they're doing? get me your manager...' moment.

he definitely should have done just that; let her know that she's clueless and you need someone with a clue, not someone who's there to collect a paycheck.
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Sorry, I couldn't help but chuckle at the "What-EVER" part. It reminds me of my recent ex boyfriend (he's one of those guys that you swear is gay, but covers it up by dating girls). That's his favorite word and he says it to people no less than 30-50 times a day, in that same tone, emphasis on EVER. He answers the phone with "what-EVER" in a very snotty, arrogant way.

Back on topic....I have never heard of an employee at a store actually doing the "talk to the hand" and saying "what-EVER" to a customer! That is outrageous! I've thought about and wanted to do it several times, but I'd never really do it! What was wrong with that girl?

Your husband has every right to complain. It was in the 90 day frame. Maybe this poor little girl doesn't understand because she only works part time, so she gets 4 days off a week. She'll learn when she's older, and overtime becomes regular time, that sometimes, sleep and eating are more important to your health than returning clothes, and when you are a grown up, you have to work, and sometimes, you can't just be right back in one day. Hell, when they stuck me 2 weeks in a row at the gas station, I did not go ANYWHERE for 2 weeks. I had to work 10-12 hour shifts to relieve my manager and I had to do it every day. There was no way I was going anywhere.

Some people don't belong in customer service, and they are the ones who give the good employees a bad name and reputation.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Hmm, well, one time I did return underwear at Walmart (regular) and no one questioned it not even after it was purchased after a week. It was still in the package and so it was defaintly not used (I got the wrong type). I know most stores have a policy on not accepting returned underwear and so I was kind of worried that they won't let me return it but they did.

Anyway this is a good topic to ask at the next family gathering (mother's side) because my cousin's wife works at a Walmart Supercenter and she mainly works in customer service.
                          Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
                          My space
                          Facebook

Comment

Working...
                          X