This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are you?

Tonight, when making a call, my coworker said: "Hi, this is Ben from the <not our hotel>..."

He used to work for another hotel and accidentally substituted it for our hotel.

Something I can tease him about, now.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

I did that once. I had been at (women's social org) for 6 months or so, when I picked up the phone, and said, "Good morning, Ocean Shoes (my last job), how can I help you?"

Fortunately, the lady on the phone thought it was hysterically funny and was very nice about it.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Oh I have done that more times than I can count... especially when I was working at both the call center and the hotel (oh yeah, my managers at the call center were less than amused at me doing a greeting "thank you for calling (competing chain) Salt Lake Airport" especially when I was supposed to be acting like I was in house at the hotel that forwarded us the call... and damn, San Diego to Salt Lake for a second job is a bit of a commute. Answering the phone at the hotel as "reservation desk" wasn't as big of a deal though.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I moved from a permanent job to a succession of temp jobs while waiting for our house to sell so that we could move across the country. Trying to keep track of which company I was working for that week? Not Fun. More than a few snafus.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

When I worked at Store 2, we didn't have a full time phone operator. So the phone would ring overhead and a head cashier or the SCO person was to answer it. I was on SCO one day, the phone rang and I answered it "Thank you for calling Store 1" (Store number 1 was 2000 miles away, and they had probably never heard of that town." Person hangs up and seconds later the phone rings again. Whats even funnier is there's a recorded message before the phone rings to us that states the location name.

Comment

When I worked at the Bakery I once answered the phone with "Thank you for calling The Carolina Motel, how can I help you?"

That was my previous job.... 7 states away....
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
            X