This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official. I'm cursed.

For those of you who haven't read my two other threads, here's some background. I moved into this apartment in march. A little under a month later, my cat was poisoned and passed away. When I recovered, I went out and adopted a new kitty, Tiger. He was awesome for about two weeks, then went crazy and attacked and tried to kill my other resident cat. We took him back to the humane society. I looked at cats and fell in love with a kitten I named Loki.

Loki was with me for two months, then passed away. Later we found out it was from the same thing that killed my first cat. We didn't know what it was until after Loki passed away. The vet actually told me my first cat died from natural causes. >_>;

We found out what it was though, hermit crab food. Something in the type of food we used was poisonous to cats. We switched foods, made sure it didn't have that crap in it. I recovered.

With me so far? Onto the new stuff.

We decided to try one more time. We adopted this beautiful Siamese named Gypsy.

She ran away less then a week later.

Searched everywhere for a month for her. Called shelters, called animal control, called humane societies, called the police in 3 different cities. We never found her.

I went to the humane society a couple months later to drop off some food we still had from my kitten, and I went to say hi to the kitties. One of them demanded to be taken home....I couldn't say no. She was all over me. A beautiful black cat that loved to sit in my lap.

Well. I had her for about a month and a half.

And she just died yesterday. She was perfectly healthy. I just spent $300 in vet bills to make sure she was healthy five days ago.

She tried to get onto a counter she's never even had an interest in while I was at work and my boyfriend was grocery shopping. She knocked over an open 12 pack of soda pop, fell, and the cans of pop fell on her. My boyfriend came home to cans of pop all over the kitchen floor and my girl under the kitchen table, rasping like she couldn't breath. By the time he called to get the address to the emergency vet, pick her up and call me to tell me what was going on, she was already dead.

My luck with animals up until I moved here was awesome. I've had cats from the time they were kittens until they were 17-20 and never had things like this happen. I move here and...... pretty much, I don't want to live here anymore. I hate this place. I don't know if it's me or this place, but this place feels awful. It doesn't feel evil, but I feel a heaviness every time I walk in here.

arg >.< Sorry for the rambling. But....I just feel frustrated as all hell right now. I'm pissed and I have no one to be pissed at, and I'm trying not to take it out on anyone. Thanks for listening
    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Have you considered having your place inspected? There might be something harmful to cats there.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

We already figured out what killed all three cats. Two of them to something in the house, which we have taken care of. The other by a case of soda pop. Not sure an inspector can do much with that.
      Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

*hugs*

I'm so sorry. It's always hard to lose a pet.

Comment

I'm so sorry! That really sucks!

Comment

5 cats in 7 months. Time to move; I think that place is very VERY bad karma.

The DataJager blames the election. (You can laugh now... please...?)
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I normally tell people who say they feel cursed to stop feeling sorry for themselves, recognize that coincidences happen and if they didn't we wouldn't have the term "outlier" in statistics, and move on... but in this case, I'm with EQ. Move. If you can't move, look around for a paranormal investigator (Pedersen, was it you who does this?) or even maybe someone pagan/wiccan who specializes in cleansing energies and such. If you go that route though go through personal references, because most people who are actually able to do that don't advertise (ymmv).

Maybe your house is haunted by a nasty cat hating ghost?

I'm so sorry about your kittehs.
              My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

I believe it's Powerboy who does the paranormal investigations, though I do a small bit of my own amateur stuff...

But I'm with Saydrah and EQ. Move, or if you can't, bring someone who can decide what it is in your house that's causing this. If you're religious, bring in a pastor/bishop/someone and see if they can feel anything. If you want to follow the spiritual route, see if there's a paranormal investigator or a wiccan/pagan who can do cleansing to a house.
                Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
                  She tried to get onto a counter she's never even had an interest in while I was at work and my boyfriend was grocery shopping. She knocked over an open 12 pack of soda pop, fell, and the cans of pop fell on her. My boyfriend came home to cans of pop all over the kitchen floor and my girl under the kitchen table, rasping like she couldn't breath. By the time he called to get the address to the emergency vet, pick her up and call me to tell me what was going on, she was already dead.
                  You just made a 29 year old guy tear up. My wife and I have 3 cats and I'd be devastated if anything would happen to my girls. I'm not the biggest believer in things like curses but this seems to be more than just mere coincidences. I'm with the people suggesting moving.
                  Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

*hug* I'm sorry all this has happened to you. Talk about a sucky run of luck, both for you and the cats. If you're unhappy there, move, definitely!
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Holy hell! Sounds like there's some real bad karma in that place...I'm so sorry to hear about your cats.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

The apartment I'm in did have a fire bad enough that they had to replace everything in the apartment before we moved in. It was on the news last year and everything. no one was hurt, but, that added with my luck with this place. I'm tempted to ask if the management has any contact information on the previous tenants. >.>; It's very wierd, because through all of this, one of my original cats that I moved in with is just fine. She hasn't been sick or hurt, so whatever it is, is leaving her alone but hurting everything else.

I didn't say this in my first post, because honestly, I wasn't heartbroken when they died, but I've had two guinea pigs that were young pass away as well. They were bullying the other one, so we just thought that they got into a fight while we were at work. Now I'm not sure what to think.
                        Last edited by Kyree; 10-07-2008, 03:17 PM.
                        Pit bull-

Comment

*oodles of hugs*
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Wow.

Reading the 1st post made me tear up . I cant imagine the horror of losing that many kitties in that short a time. Please get ur home blessed, exercised or something..better yet move if possible.

**hugs**

Comment

I normally don't believe in curses, but the numbers are adding up. Two guinea pigs, gone. Two cats, poisoned. One cat, ran away. One cat, popped (so to speak). That is.....a lot.

There are two possibilities here, Neither of which is you being cursed, as evidence by the fine health of yourself and your original cat.

One is that your PLACE is cursed, has bad karma, whatever you want to call it.

The other is that you are just going one of the strangest runs of coincidence we have ever seen.

If are a believer in the paranormal, go with the suggestions made by others.

If you are not, then chalk it up to just an odd thing, and go get another cat. Just keep it away from the Pepsi.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X