This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a pimp

I wandered off for some fuel yesterday. It's one of the things the bastardmobile demands from time to time, and I like to be obliging.

I had some fun when going inside to pay, though. A young lady and gentleman were behind the counter, and the chap was venting quite forcefully about the previous customer who had demanded his sports vouchers (one per ten quid of fuel, people collect them together and schools can redeem them for roughly one ball per million vouchers or similar).

"They're not 'his' vouchers until he's got them in his hands! They're our vouchers!" he enthused. I have to admit that I was wondering if it was appropriate to come out with this in front of other customers, but apparently the previous customer had been very demanding etc.

I got my receipt and wandered over to the side as others were being served, scribbling on it as I went. They looked at me with some trepidation, but they read the name of this site and started to giggle.

May see one or two of them on here at some point.

I'm pimping this site for all it's worth.

Rapscallion

I pimped out this site yesterday to a couple of my friends, so maybe they will show up here too. One of them had a couple of funny stories to share with me

Comment

I am too, though probably not at the best times. I went into a GameStop recently (October 3rd, I remember that day precisely as I was told to show up that day to find out how many people they were hiring for Christmas) The hiring manager wasn't around that day, oddly, even though she'd told me that specific date. So, I started trading stories with the Assistant Manager (I think he was an assistant manager...)
      We swapped a lot of stories, and I asked him "So, you have an internet connection, right?" and wrote the address down for him.
      Of course, this all took place the day before I had an interview with the hiring manager, so, I might have blown my possibilities with getting a job there... Oh well, there's also a possibility I'll be moving to Texas in the near future anyway...
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

You know I did something similar at a restuarant chain this week and I think I might have misspelled the site's name (I forgot an s). I usually don't do that and I didn't see anyone being an SC to the staff but I'm sure appeciate it.
        Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
        My space
        Facebook

Comment

I pimp this place out, but I suspect that the people I tell think I'm making it up.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Am I the only one who didn't think of the site when I read the title of the thread?

:ducks:
            Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Raps a pimp? Tell me something I didn't already know!
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

never underestimate the drawing power of the gord-like one, sole posessor of the power of the sacred furry manbewbs-

BlaqueKatt-who also pimps the site, when deemed appropriate
                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
                  Am I the only one who didn't think of the site when I read the title of the thread?

:ducks:
                  Hehehe you had that reaction too? You're not the only one
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I've mentioned this site to a few friends at my school who work in retail and fast food. I also mentioned it to a supervisor and told him some stories, he was laughing pretty hard and I gave him the site. He enjoys reading the stories here.
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

ever since i logged on here i started ranting about this place at work i even told a few managers some of the stories haha
                      Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
                        Don't worry-I thought the same thing as you did. Seeing Raps with a purple fedora and a platnium snakes-head cane means that I can die happy.
                        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                          Seeing Raps with a purple fedora and a platnium snakes-head cane means that I can die happy.

I see that every night in my dreams.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Wierdly enough, a customer pimped it to me one day. He was the son of a previous coworker.

I just smiled enigmatically.

Comment

Heh. that's how I got to this site...Luna pimped it out to me! I think this place is great!
                              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
                              X