This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cany you handle the Gauntlet?

Every single person that I have trained as my alternate for Night Audit has either quit (3) or been fired (1). The last two quit after just one night.

Anyone care to try their luck?

SC
    Last edited by BroSCFischer; 10-17-2008, 04:53 AM.
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

I'll take your challenge!

What do you use?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

hey, I will take the challenge... that my gauntlet can be made harder than yours

it will include the easiest audit ever
      being allowed to read and do homework and even use a laptop during the slow hours of the night
      and the only challenge will be staying awake...

alas we will still have people fail... (and I have the blackmail pictures to prove it... if this guy does stay on he knows that I have no problem with sending the picture of him sleeping to the boss, the owners, and Fenrus for good measure )
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Share the love Smiley. I want blackmail pictures too!
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

OK, EQ, if he ever refuses to trade shifts I'll send the pic to you too

or if I want to be really evil send the pic in advance.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Wow, what are you doing to your trainees?

I used to work night audit Fri and Sat nights. It was a small hotel and 'twas the easiest. job. ever. Didn't have internet (or laptop), but I could play solitare, read, wash laundry for free (those big washers/dryers are excellent for blankets, comforters and coats ) and I made a couple hundred extra bucks a month. One of the day managers asked me once why I was still there since I seemed to be sticking around pretty long for a "part-time job". Yeah, why give up the best p/t work I ever did
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

i kinda miss my night audit jobs, except the one at the sheraton, waaaaay too complicated, and the equipment was from the 70's. im glad it closed down.
              This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
              my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                I'll take your challenge!

What do you use?
                The evil known only as the Checklist.

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                hey, I will take the challenge... that my gauntlet can be made harder than yours

it will include the easiest audit ever
                being allowed to read and do homework and even use a laptop during the slow hours of the night
                and the only challenge will be staying awake...
                Sounds about the same as here.

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                Wow, what are you doing to your trainees?
                I seriously don't know what the problem is. 99% of the tasks are covered by the checklist. Seriously, just read the checklist, know how to check guests in and out, and set up breakfast.

BTW, I maybe looking at victim trainee #5.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                  The evil known only as the Checklist.
                  GASP!

AAAAHHHHHH!!

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                    GASP!

AAAAHHHHHH!!

It could be my personality, but I'd rather blame an inanimate object.

SC

Comment

Update:

The challenge has been accepted.

Tomorrow night will be the test of his mettle.

SC

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                        The challenge has been accepted.

Tomorrow night will be the test of his mettle.
                        Don't forget to give us updates if anything goes down!

...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                          Don't forget to give us updates if anything goes down!

♪♪Another one bites the dust. Another one bites the dust.
                          And another one gone, and another one gone.
                          Another one bites the dust.♪♪

And I really thought this guy was gonna last. But he has interviews for a job he was really looking for, and didn't want to waste my time training him for a job, only to have him quit right afterwards. That and the fact that he drove 15+ mi to tell me that in person.

Well, NEXT!

SC

Edit: For those keeping track it's currently ME: 5, Trainees: 0
                          Last edited by BroSCFischer; 10-23-2008, 07:56 AM.

Comment

*Ahem*

I'll take your bet, you're gonna regret, 'cause I'm the best there's ever been!

I wanna do Night Audit. Mum's in the Hotel Industry now (and getting paid more than me), EQ's been in it for years (BEEN getting paid more than me), I wanna make some serious moolah, too!

Retail Sucks!
                            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                              *Ahem*

I'll take your bet, you're gonna regret, 'cause I'm the best there's ever been!
                              Johnny rosin up your bow and play your fiddle hard.

I've seen that one live from about twenty feet away. God, that man can play.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X