This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Arch woes

Twenty five minutes. That's how long it took me from getting in line at the drive thru to actually picking up my order.

I had originally gone into the store because the line for the drive thru was longer than I liked. Went in, stood in line, watched at that line moved just a few feet (only one order completed) in the ten minutes I was there. So I decided the drive thru has got to be faster than this.

Hopped in my car and got in line. Thought I was doing good because there was only two cars between me and the order point. It takes another ten minutes to get to the speaker. (Still faster than inside)

So I place my order and wait, again. I pull up one car length, as the order a head of me is completed and I wait some more, watching the minutes tick by on my car radio.

My order was a Big n' Tasty, large fries, and a large Hi-C orange. I had a Monopoly coupon for the burger, but still not a complex order. It took another 5 minutes to find a manager to complete the transaction because the coupon threw the cashier for a loop. Not a good way to go when it's a NATIONAL campaign.

Thankfully the transition from Window One (cashier) to Window Two (food) went smoothly. I just wish the rest of the experience had.

The worst part was watching other cars behind me that had been waiting just give up and drive off. I stopped counting after the fifth drive off.
    If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

That's why I don't do McDonald's anymore. They are always busy, the lines move so friggin' slowly, and the food is crap. The only thing on their menu that I can actually eat and not get sick from are the regular hamburgers. That's it. Everything else makes me ill.

The McDonalds' over here (3 locations near me) are all run by younger, "I really don't wanna be here" kids that like to goof off. So even if I have to eat there, I always have to wait longer than usual.

NO OFFENSE MEANT TO ANYONE WORKING AT McDONALDS! I mean it! That goes for you, too, Juwl!
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

That sad Crawley, but it happens. I usually don't have that issue, probably because I go inside
      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
        That's why I don't do McDonald's anymore. They are always busy, the lines move so friggin' slowly, and the food is crap. The only thing on their menu that I can actually eat and not get sick from are the regular hamburgers. That's it. Everything else makes me ill.

The McDonalds' over here (3 locations near me) are all run by younger, "I really don't wanna be here" kids that like to goof off. So even if I have to eat there, I always have to wait longer than usual.

NO OFFENSE MEANT TO ANYONE WORKING AT McDONALDS! I mean it! That goes for you, too, Juwl!
        Awww! Don't be sorry, I don't want to be there either, and in fact, I might just have an out in moving to Texas. I might be able to get a job at Countrywide (where my Dad and Brother work, woot to real carreer-type work!)
        I wasn't offended, but thanks for thinking of me.
        *hugs*
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

There's a Wendys right around the corner from my workplace. Some days are just like that at lunchtime. It's quicker to drive the 10 minutes to the next closest Wendys get the food there and drive back than it is to stand in line inside or wait in the drive thru.

When the regular lunchtime staff is working though, it's a dream! They have a VERY busy location and they're the only fast food for a mile in either direction, so they get slammed. The regular lunch staff has it dialed in! I've been 5th in line and waited less than 3 minutes start to finish! Other days, they're slower than the second coming of Christ!

Comment

That sucks, bunch of new hires, perhaps, or busted machinery?

The one near my work is pretty ok, if I'm not very hungry at lunch I'll go there and get a dollar double cheese and a large beverage. I gotta have my pop to keep up enough sugar and caffeine to keep running around the way I do at work. Bleah.

Comment

I don't really like the McD's, because of all the grease. But when I do order something from there, it is something small.

I am sorry to Juwl
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
              X